Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacing alternator

norwegianvette

Corvette
1993 Aqua Convertible
Looking to replace the alternator on my 1993. Anyone know where i can find the part number? Aparetly there is 3 different configurations on the 1993 C4. The build sheet only says "ZA". Mine is a early 1993 buikt in October 1992.

Thanks,
Steve

Have you considered rebuilding yours? They aren't that complicated, and you would be assured that you have the correct unit for your car. Rebuilding kits are available.

:w

Have you considered rebuilding yours? They aren't that complicated, and you would be assured that you have the correct unit for your car. Rebuilding kits are available.

:w

Thanks. I guess i still need to know the number of the one i have to get the right kit. I guess it to replace bearings and regulator but with 3 different units the same year it is a gamble. I talked with a shop and they cant find it with the VIN alone.

Anyone know where i can find the part number?[/QUOTE said:
At least on mine, the number is stamped on the drivers side mount. Big question they ask is if the two mounting bracket holes have one threaded hole (the shortest of the two) or not. My alternator (via the gauge) shows poor performance when the alternator is hot (90 degree weather) Never used to so time for a new one and a new belt as well.
alt1.jpg

More than likely the last 3 letters are NEG and not nLg.
It's a 12 volt negative ground system and I would think
that the "stamping" would indicate that ..... 12V NEG.
Andy

I used DonB's advice ang ooked at the rock auto. Did find it from pictures and text, its now installed in my vette.

Steve

At least on mine, the number is stamped on the drivers side mount. Big question they ask is if the two mounting bracket holes have one threaded hole (the shortest of the two) or not. My alternator (via the gauge) shows poor performance when the alternator is hot (90 degree weather) Never used to so time for a new one and a new belt as well.
alt1.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom