Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacing old bulbs with LED's

Mac's Pop

Corvette
1996 green coupe
Has anyone replaced there old type bulbs with LED'S? I have heard that there are some problems with some cars. I would like to up date my 96 C4 to the LED's. I have just installed the HID head lights and fog lights in mine. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!! Please help if you would. Thamks to all.

I would not see why they would be a problem LED's are brighter, last longer, and use less power. Where did you get your HID's???

I would not see why they would be a problem LED's are brighter, last longer, and use less power. Where did you get your HID's???

The problem is the bulbs don't draw enough power in some cars to make the flashers work. they either don't work or they make the flasher go fast like a strobe. Or they work fine. I was just trying to do some research before I did mine. I got my HID's from a company here in phoenix AZ.. The guy you want to talk to is Jesse his number is (480) 707-9662 or go on line at GETHIDLIGHTS.COM. They have great service.

All I would do is install them and maybe get a different flasher unit if necessary. Worth a shot, I guess.

resistors would be the answer!!!

hi mac i have installed leds on my turning lights they work fine when normal and when braking the only problem leds have on our cars are when using the turning flash they dont really light up well theres a cheap solution to work this out... i havent try it cause my vette its on my local shop cause of my tranny, but u just have to put a ressistor on the possitive cable so that it lights up a little less bright so when u use the flasher u can appreciate the difference on the beam. if my memory doesnt fails me i remember they sell the exact resistor on midamerica but i would try with a 1kohm on every lamp, that should work just fine with the voltage they work!!! and it would be much cheaper just dont forget to protect the resistor on a case cause its gonna get a little hot!!!!

hopefully this will help u a little!!!! have a great day

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom