Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Requesting information on wheel adapters and their problems

S

Sal Collaziano

Hi everyrone,
I'm really curious about the possible problems of using wheel adapters on my '87 coupe. I'm looking to trade 1990 stock rims from a friend. Being that the offset is different, I need to know how dangerous it is. I don't plan on autocrossing ever. But, I don't want to worry too much if the need ever arises that I need to drive the car hard.

The extend of hard cornering that I do now is simply showing people how the Corvette can handle on/off ramps to major highways. That's about it. Other than that, I don't do much. But, am I going to have a problem if I'm swerving away from a possible accident on the highway?

Any past incidents that anyone can tell me about? Am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks in advance...

I don't expect you will have any problems with those adapters. My buddy is running them on my old 85 with ZR1 rims and he has had zero defects after much hard driving.

You should post your 87 seats on the market place. They make a great mod for the C3 guys.

I like your web page.

Hey. Thanks for the reply and compliments. I'm glad to hear that the adapters worked alright. I really would like 90 rims on my 87.. And thanks for the tip. I will surely show my seats in the C3 forum when the time comes. That should be in a few weeks. What do you think a good asking price would be? It would include the back shell and motors. All the functions from the middle (near armrest) work - only a couple of the functions on the sides of the seat work...

Prices range all over the board. Since you can get new Corbeau seats for about $350 each ready to go, and yours need new covers, maybe some new foam, and other parts to make them work, I am guessing $250 for the pair.

You figure that a new leather kit is around $1,000, and new foam is a few hundred more, so it could cost up to $1,500 to recondition them, and that is out of the price range for most people on this mod.

I have seen perfect ones going for around $350-$450 for the pair with all the hardware.

However, if you list them on the Vbay auction site here (an exclusive with CAC) the ultimate price will be what somebody is willing to pay!

Cool. Thanks for the info.. I will put 'em on vBay as soon as I get my replacements. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom