Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Reset OLM Light w/o it beeing Set?

pgtr

Corvette
96Cpe
If the light were NOT set and the reset process done - would be then be reset and start the 'count' at zero again?

(E.g. if you wanted to 'sync' the OLM with an oil change that was needed prior to the OLM Change Oil light setting)

Is so - how would you 'know' that you had properly reset it since the light was already out?

Thx

If you reset the light it will return to zero. A new beginning for the system. At least that has been my experience.

I know this is the case cause I monitored it once & it came on approximately when it shud have.

What exactly will return to zero (the 'count'?)? and how do you confirm you reset it (since the light wasn't on) or 'returned it to zero'?

Thanks

What exactly will return to zero (the 'count'?)? and how do you confirm you reset it (since the light wasn't on) or 'returned it to zero'?

Thanks

During the reset procedure the light will be flashing, I don't have the reset instructions handy, when the light goes out the system is reset.

The system, for what's it's worth, uses oil temp, engine rpm's & possibly another parameter..................

The "Change Oil " light comes on for a few seconds when you turn the ignition on. It will come on and stay on when it's time to change your oil in your 1992-93-94-95-96 Corvette, LT1 C4

The monitor uses oil temperatures and engine revolutions to decide when the oil is nearly worn out. The light is only a reminder, though. You should change your oil at the intervals recommended in your owner's manual, even if the "CHANGE OIL" light hasn't come on.

Be sure to reset the monitor when your oil is changed, even if the "CHANGE OIL" light didn't come on. If you do not reset the monitor, it will not work correctly.

To reset your monitor, take these steps:

1. Turn the key to "RUN", but do not start the engine

2. Press "ENG MET" on the trip monitor, Then, within five seconds, press it again

3. Within five seconds, press and hold "GAUGES" on the trip monitor. The "CHANGE OIL" light should flash

4. Hold the "GAUGES" button until the "CHANGE OIL" light stops flashing and goes out. This should take no more than ten seconds

When the light goes out, the monitor is reset. If the monitor does not reset, turn the ignition off, then try again.

Always use Mobile one 5W30, which is a synthetic oil, and change it per your owner's manual intervals. This will keep your Corvette running like new for a long, long time. And oh yeah, use a K & N or Mobil 1 oil filter for additional filtration protection.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom