Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Resetting history codes.

Paul Higg

Corvette
2007 Monterey Red
I know I have reset history codes before using the DLC. I just cannot seem to find anywhere in my FSM how to do it again. Disconnecting the battery will only reset current codes, I do know that. I know history codes can be reset with the DIC without a scan tool. I just need a refresher.

Thanks.

Paul

Paul,

I thought you had a FSM.

Anyway if you don't.....I can scan some stuff from my 95 FSM, believe it's the same.

If you have the manual look under Central control module, section 8D1,
Book I.

Paul,

I thought you had a FSM.

Anyway if you don't.....I can scan some stuff from my 95 FSM, believe it's the same.

If you have the manual look under Central control module, section 8D1,
Book I.

Whoops! I see you do have one. I'm gettin old.....;shrug

Hi Rabbit,

My bust. I do have an FSM and I got the history code 45 to clear by using the DIC with trial and error but this time I wrote it down for my Vette notebook I keep in the garage.

Also, I think my memory is getting shot because I have to take so much pain meds. I now remember that C12 means the system is in active test mode.

I think I got the H45 because of the O2 sensor according to the FSM but not sure. I pull codes once a week with over 97 on the clock just to stay on top of things. I was driving the other day and it was in open loop and with cruise on at 54 mph and it backfired when it tried to maintain that speed. It finally warmed up to 140 and it was okay.

I have NO idea if that could have caused it. But get this, I was at my doctor's last week and wasn't there long. It was a nice warm day. So when I got back in and started it it ran real rough, like it was misfiring and the temp was at 200. So I revved it gently for a few seconds and got in traffic and it was okay after that. I drove it again since then and no problems. Sometimes it seems like it has a mind of its own.

Thanks for your generous offer Rabbit. I appreciate your kindness.

Paul

I am a new Vette owner. 1988 coupe. What I am getting in reading about codes is that my coupe (88) will display the codes in the dash when Pin A&B are shorted across on the ALDL? 1984-1993. After these years, must have a scanner tool?

;shrug

Hey Rabbit- Thank you bro. I don't have to have atool. It is like I thought it was. I use the paper pin short gig and read it on the dash! Thanks and have a great day!!

:lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom