Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Restocking the Registry Store!!

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
The Registry has heard you and we've began looking into Replenishing items in the L81 VetteRegistry Store.

C3L81 said:
Glad your all settled in, i have been wondering about when the store would be restocked. Id really like a hat, please make sure its the same quality as the prior ones. No truckdriver hats or any of those thick billed ones you cant break in and make you look like a goof! As far as ideas, there are lots of possabilities, heres a few of my ideas

Sunglasses
Tank Tops (Nothing better then a tank top on and the t-tops off on a summer day!)
Keychains
License plates (i searched for a plate that said just 1981 or L81, couldnt find anything except high priced personalized)
Towels
Calanders

Im willing to bet calanders and Key chains would sell well for you, but think all my ideas are decent. Anyways looking forward to it! Grats on the new home
C3L81, great idea's, thanks for taking time and submitting them. The Registry has offered Hats, Polo Shirts, Denim Shirts and Travel Mugs for over 4 years.

It is unfortunate that it cost $$$ to provide these items, and each piece of gear requires a "Minimum Order" so I have fronted the monies required to get these items in stock. I still have a number of Polo Shirts, Denim Shirts and Travel Mugs in stock, BUT the shirt sizes are mostly medium or small and the Denim Shirts are even more selective (long or short sleeve and size). There is another Thread within our L81 Forums here that provides a current inventory of each item.

I explain this so that everyone understands the Expense involved in providing these items. To add more gear e.g. Sunglasses, Tank Tops, Keychains, License plates, Towels or Calanders would be great. Being realistic... would the Registry sell enough of these items to warant the intial dollar outlay??? From past experience, I would have to say probably not! Herein lay the problem... Do I continue to "invest" in L81 gear and have maybe 20 or 30 members buy items and leaving an inventory that just sits on the shelf??

Before I retired I could absorb the costs, now, being retired, I am very reluctant to spent a COUPLE THOUSAND Dollars to "Restock" the Registry Store. I hope you understand my dilemma, I being Honest and forthright here.

Using Pay Pal costs $.37 per transaction, and up to 3% of the total purchase on each transaction. For that reason I opted to have members mail me a check, money order or bank draft for their items. This worked fine and dandy with honest members, it only takes a few to take the items and run (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!) to upset the apple cart and drag a BREAK EVEN interprise into red ink. Offering the hats at $15.00 leaves a profit of $.23 per hat and that does not account for my time or my vehicle costs to go to and from the Post Office, so I HOPE you see that the Registry IS NOT a PROFIT center.

OK having said all this, I contacted the embroidery shop that has done all our work, I am trying to work out a deal for a minimum of 24 white hats and 24 black hats or 25 each. The minimum they required in the past was 50 each.

I should hear back by the first week in February (Richard at Safetydesign) on the hats, and if Richard can get his supplier to drop the minimum order requirements to my request I plan to "invest" and order 24 or 25 each Black & White Hats (see photo below).

After "SharkFest 2002" I dam near closed the Registry Store... Many wanted our items there. I shipped 4 Big Boxes of shirts, hats & travel mugs from Modesto, CA to Bowling Green, KY. The Registry sold 2 travel mugs and 5 polo shirts!!! Each box cost over $34 to ship UPS :mad BLACKDOG (friend from Groveland, CA) and I packed his 1980 and my 1981 FULL with items and hauled them back to CA.. Upset YEP you bet your sweet ...... I was..

So here we folks. I willing to give this another try, AND if there is anyone out there that would like to take over running the Registry Store, let's talk..

These are the FACTS ;)

Bud Dougherty
Administrator
L81VetteRegistry

blk_hat_side_large.jpg
wht_hat_side_large.jpg

Bud:
I know you're out of the caps but I just sent in a request for a white one and a travel mug (which apparently is still in stock.)

I'd also like to submit a request for a 2XL white polo shirt, if and when you decide to restock these.

Everyone else out there:
If everyone could let Bud know they really want these items and want them now, we could make the whole process less painful (maybe even fun again?)

Speak up!

GwenG

Thanks Gwen for your support and activity here at our L81VetteRegistry on the Corvette Action Center Community. I'll get your travel mug in the mail today or tomorrow ;)

Bud

Bud:
If you can get me your address (via PM or open), I can get the check in the mail to you this weekend.

Thanks! Gwen

Bud,
Run a "stockless" store with orders taken once a year!
A spring pre-booking and payment in advance for whatever you decide to offer the group. Pre-screen to be sure you can book enough to meet your minimums.
Thanks,
JU

IT'S ALL TRUE !!

Ah yes .... the return trip from BG with all that 81 merchandise. I remember it all too well. :cry Yoda's good heart came back and bit him in the a$$ ... er, the wallet. Such a bummer. Think John has a good idea .. and thanks to Gwen for supporting my friend and his passion for the 81's. All the "stuff" Bud got was top notch ... no cheap garbage to sell. Heck, even the DoG has an 81 hat & mug !! - :pat Think someone hijacked my denim shirt :mad . GRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!! Now that YODA aka "Bud", the founder of the renegade band known as "THE POSSE" has fled the west side to TEXAS, leaving us to terrorize KALIFORNIA on our own, it's time for the L81ers to RISE AGAIN and plan a big invasion to CRUISFEST '06 !!

I explain this so that everyone understands the Expense involved in providing these items. To add more gear e.g. Sunglasses, Tank Tops, Keychains, License plates, Towels or Calanders would be great. Being realistic... would the Registry sell enough of these items to warant the intial dollar outlay??? From past experience, I would have to say probably not! Herein lay the problem... Do I continue to "invest" in L81 gear and have maybe 20 or 30 members buy items and leaving an inventory that just sits on the shelf??

Sorry i thought in the other thread you were asking for merchandise ideas. DO you accept pay pal? If so Im ready for a hat and t-shirt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom