Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Restoration and advice for 84 corvette

Vette kid

Hi guys second time posting and thought I'd make a post every one could use. I have a 84 vette got her for 26 hundred not bad at all for how much they go for and she runs... enough at least to get me to work and back. Just had a question the owner who had it before me switched it to a carb ( no not going back to fuel injected lol) and we'll she was sitting for a Lil bit but did get driven once a week . I replaced the main bits (fuel pump, thermostat, and oil to synthetic, plus tires) but it's hesitating a Lil bit when I'm at a constant speed and just noticed the flap on the carb when u take the air filter off its on the gas side of it it don't shot and looks like it should could that be why its hesitating or is there something else I'm not thinking of. Any and all replies are appreciated thanks

"flap on the carb", it sounds like you're talking about the "choke". You need to do some searching on "How does a carburetor work". You have a few things to learn about "old school" automotive mechanics. Well beyond the scope of this C4 forum, where everything has EFI. Enjoy!

Yea the choke for got what it was called and I have I've worked on them before just never had to mess with the carb besides changing or cleaning the air filter.

That explains why it's not to good worming up but now that ik that I have to figure out why it's hesitating when I'm stayin at a constant speed thanks for the info.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom