Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Restored 72 Complete rolling chassis

69ttop502

This is a completely restored rolling chassis with the original engine and Turbo 400 and air. The engine, a 350 200 horsepower base engine (no smog CKX stamp pad suffix), has been rebuilt .030 over and the transmission was rebuilt with new torque converter. The car was originally a white coupe with deluxe black interior (Trim tag says Paint 972 and Trim 404). The engine has not been fired since rebuild (2 months).

Fresh rebuild on original carb
New trailing arm assemblies w/ new shim pack
all new stainless sleeved calipers
new steering box
new rotors and pads
New stainless steel brake and fuel lines and rubber brake lines.
New gas tank and straps
rebuilt AC compressor
all original brackets and pulleys
new shocks
new alternator
original rally wheels
new trim rings
center caps
fresh rebuild on front end
new front coil and rear leaf springs
new heavy duty style rear end cover (will include original w/ one stripped spring mount hole)
new fuel pump
comes with original dual snorkel air cleaner and new lid
exhaust system excluding tips
New power steering components
72 body mount kit
New Dunlop GT tires
new plugs and wires
Frame was blasted, etch primed and painted. Original unhit frame in excellent condition.

This chassis also comes with the original Vin tag (matches chassis), trim tag (build date of D 17) and has a title. The original body was in unsaveable condition. Basically throw a good body and interior on this car and you have a 30000-35000 dollar car. Liverpool32 (Nick) prepped this chassis with my help and the car is in White Plains, NY. Call me (Bill) with questions on my cell, (706)-338-9434. The chassis is also for sale locally, taking it to some cruise nights and shows. This is a beautifully done chassis. $10500.00

Price reduced to 10,500. Here are a few pics.

chassis2.jpg

chassis4.jpg

chassis3.jpg

chassis1.jpg

I have had alot of interest. I ran it a couple of times on Ebay. A bunch of too low offers. Most want just the chassis without the motor and tranny since the base motor and automatic is not the most desireable powertrain. A few others wanted just the motor and tranny, I guess for a close build date and matching numbers. I am in no hurry and really would like to keep it all together since it is all original and matching. It will sell at some point. A fully restored chassis with original motor and tranny would be hard to do for this money unless you could do it yourself. Its funny, I also have been offered 3000.00 for the vin tag and title. Makes you feel good about some in our hobby, huh. Here is a link from someone selling rollers, without motors and transmissions, to give a comparison. http://www.corvetteusa.com/frames.php

Bill

Congratulations on selling the chassis. How much did you sell it for?

Marc

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom