Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Reward offered for stolen $40K Corvette

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Corvette security

Please forgive me for asking what i think maybe a dumb question but i would like to know for my own piece of mind. i am the only and i mean the "ONLY" person to drive my vette. i know that it is a passive keyless entry, but how would a thief steal my car. since it is a computer chip in the key. i have heard that the thefts of the C4's and above have diminished, but how could a thief still get my car even with the security system GM puts in. maybe those of you that are more knowledgeable could help answer this for me. thanks a lot! PROUD TO SERVE AS A US MARINE AND PROUD TO OWN AN AMERICAN ICON: THE CORVETTE!
Bruce

You think they could track the Z06 with On Star...don't all the newer cars have it? As far as stealing a C4 or newer it is not easy but given enough time and effort anything can be stolen. All you can do is lock it and then have it where you can keep an eye on it or know its secure. The C4's and C5's are not in demand as much as they were so I think the thefts are down on those. By the way thank you for your service, my family and I appreciate it. Enjoy your car!

You think they could track the Z06 with On Star...don't all the newer cars have it?

I don't think that the OnStar is active until it gets initalized by the dealer when the vehicle is sold. So no, I don't think that the car can be tracked...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom