Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rhino Ramps for a ZO6

• Thread starter Thread starter Roadfrog
  • Start date Start date
R

Roadfrog

Does Rhino make them wide enough for the front tires of a ZO6 and does the front spoiler underneath drag when driving on them?

Thanks,

RF

Thanks, BV. Actually, I was going to use them for some stunt driving.....jumping the car off the end of my driveway onto the backyard about 20 feet below. Would that hurt my car in any way?

theblackvette said:
It looks like you can.

Some guy has a website about using them to change the oil in his Z06.

http://www.spdkilz.com/techtipoil.html

No not at all! Go for it Roadfrog and get some pictures!!!!

:D

Roadfrog said:
Thanks, BV. Actually, I was going to use them for some stunt driving.....jumping the car off the end of my driveway onto the backyard about 20 feet below. Would that hurt my car in any way?

Roadfrog said:
Does Rhino make them wide enough for the front tires of a ZO6 and does the front spoiler underneath drag when driving on them?

Thanks,

RF
They work fine. I use regular Rhino ramps for front or back tires. (The back tires hang over the sides a little but not enough to worry about it). To prevent spoiler-drag, place a board in front of the ramp so that you drive onto the board, then onto the ramp.
To prevent the ramps from moving when you drive up on them, put them on a rubber-backed bathmat. Or block them somehow.

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
They work fine. I use regular Rhino ramps for front or back tires. (The back tires hang over the sides a little but not enough to worry about it). To prevent spoiler-drag, place a board in front of the ramp so that you drive onto the board, then onto the ramp.
To prevent the ramps from moving when you drive up on them, put them on a rubber-backed bathmat. Or block them somehow.

Tammy
:dance I have some, too. I agree with what MsSchroder says.

MsSchroder said:

Tammy
iagree.gif
I backed the car onto them to add the CAGS defeat device. Center the tires on the ramps and the little overage on either side won't hurt at all. :)

Thanks All !!!

Actually, I have a unique situation here for changing my oil that I will probably use after I use up the last two free oil change tickets from my dealer. They gave me four free ones and they are absolutely meticulous about it so I don't worry about their competence.

Anywhoo... my driveway is very sloped in the profile of a compound curve. There is a place on the driveway, that if I drove up on the ramps going downhill, the car would be slightly downhill on the ramps without having to lift the rear end of the car. This would allow me to change my oil just by driving up on the ramps....I think.

Oh, BV, should I use rear wheel chocks or ya think I'm really that "bullet proof"?? Also, would a 35mph running start be enough to get up on the ramps without slipping the clutch?? Thanks, I always know you have my best interests at heart. :beer

Roadfrog said:
Also, would a 35mph running start be enough to get up on the ramps without slipping the clutch?? Thanks, I always know you have my best interests at heart. :beer
They are kind of steep, so it may require 65-70 MPH. Be ready to hit the brakes at the end of the ramp!!! :D

Actually, the Rhino Ramps come in two flavors--if you get the one for SUV's it's a bit wider, thus a better fit for our tires. :)

Thanks DRTH, I think I'll try 80mph just to be on the safe side!! :L

Gotta love this forum, you guys and gals are so helpful!!

DRTH VTR said:
They are kind of steep, so it may require 65-70 MPH. Be ready to hit the brakes at the end of the ramp!!! :D

Roadfrog said:

Thanks,

RF

Hi Roadfrog -

Yes, they are wide enough. Yes , the rubber spoiler (actually the end-caps of the spoiler) will contact the ramp, and it will bend it back slightly. Over time, this will potentially require you to replace these rubber pieces if it bothered you that they were marred.

I still have a pair of rhinos - they are a good way to get the car up if you need to.

I solved the old ramps that slip-out from the front tires by tying a length of rope to the hole on the leading edge of the ramps, and then knotting the rope up all along it. I stretch the rope out, making sure the vehicle to be "ramped" has it's back tires on the ropes as I go up the ramp - thus locating the ramps and keeping them from slipping.

best regards -

mqqn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom