Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Riddle Me This?

Spiderman

Corvette
Gorgeous White '91 Coupe
I'm searching for clues on this one...

I've been having trouble with my ignition system lately and I can't pinpoint the cause.

If the car is running, the idle will get jumpy and cause the digital speedometer to read zero, while the car is moving. At the same time if the A/C in on it stops blowing cold air. The fan still blows but not hot. The engine runs as if in manual mode with no computer control. Hence bad. If I put the car in Neutral(while rolling), shut the motor off and restart it goes away for a while. I've had the car in Park and shifted into Reverse and it's caused the same problem. I stopped for fuel this afternoon and when I started it up the revs would not settle and I never hit the throttle. They kept bouncing up and down, It seemed as if the car was trying not to stall itself out.

I still have to get my intermittent SES light looked at (ESC Module), But why would the A/C blow hot and Speedometer go to zero? All other electronics work including the mileage calculator.

I'm a bit confused ? The Speedo and hot A/C are stumping me. Any insite into what would cause those items to freak out might help me narrow down which part of the ESC to fix.

Spiderman :w

I would start with reading technical manuals of the vehicle and then take the car to someone who has the diagnostic computer. Give it a check and also a test by the computer. I am sure you will find the initial clues of what is going on in the car. Sounds like something in common between tranny (assuming your vehicle speed sensor is in the tranny) and A.C.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom