Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Right front turn signal not working but hazards do

dobis17

I have a dilemma. My 2001 C5 Z06 indicator is not working properly. When I move the lever for the right turn signal the flasher works twice as fast as normal but not arrow is visible in the dash and the bulb at the right front does not signal. Both Hazards, Both DRL's, and the left front work correctly. The rears all operate correctly as well. The only issues is the right front turn signal. I swapped the bulb with a working one just in case and no help. I also removed the right front harnesses from the car and feed 12 Volts to the to the socket for via the blue turn signal wire and that worked correctly, the bulb lit up. I tried to install the flasher as mentioned to the pink and purple wires underneath the dash to by pass the hazard switch but that only reduce the turn signal speed to normal for the right indicator but did not let illuminate the bulb at the corner of the car or the dash. The right rear turn signal is working properly so I am assuming that the T/S switch is working. I did removed the T/S switch for fun looking for contact issues and that checked out okay.

The only thing that might be left is the wiring for front the T/S switch to where it splits off for front and rear.

Any help would be appreciated. I have many hours invested and the car is pretty tore apart. I do not have any wiring diagrams for anything either.

Looking for some advice,
Brian

I replaced the right rear bulbs last night after someone suggested. No help.

Thanks,
Brian

Rfts

I had the same problem. Dealer just charged me $240 to fix it. They replaced the "lamp, bulb and socket". Aren't the lamp and bulb the same thing?

Just joined the Forum. Been on the Corvette Forum up until now. If you have not fixed it I can help with all the schematics and diagnostics. The front turns are more complicated than the rears.

RF turn signal

Just joined the Forum. Been on the Corvette Forum up until now. If you have not fixed it I can help with all the schematics and diagnostics. The front turns are more complicated than the rears.
Thanks for the offer. It's fixed now. Can you tell me the difference between the lamp and the bulb? The dealer charged me for lamp, bulb, and socket.

A lamp is normally the housing and bulb kind of like a desk "lamp" in your den. The bulb would just be the removable "light emitting" device.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom