Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Right Sport Seat is POSSESSED!

Gdad45

Corvette
2000 Triple Black Convertible 6speed
Sitting in the car alone, engine off, key in acc, listening to the radio, rain coming down steady. Hear a hum. The right seat is moving forward. Went all the way forward and then sat and clicked trying to go further. Have had the car for about one year. Never saw this before.

Reached over and pushed the switch rearward and the seat moved back as normal. Switch works correctly in all directions. After 2-3 seconds back forward it comes. Repeated twice.
Had to leave. When I came back about three hours later and moved the seat to the rear and this time it stayed.

Car had been in the garage overnight and only out that morning for about 30 minutes in the rain when this occured.

Guesses?
A. Module?
B. Shorted switch?
C. Moisture?
D. All of the Above?

Where's the option for a short-legged ghost making herself comfortable? :chuckle

Mac

There is no module for the right seat. It should be an issue with the seat switch.

Marc at VetteNuts.net would be a great source for used.

Mr. Sam

There is no module for the right seat. It should be an issue with the seat switch.

Marc at VetteNuts.net would be a great source for used.

Mr. Sam

Thanks.

Gdad45, sorry, I must have been distracted when I posted. There is no module for the right seat but there is a relay control box.

If it happened when it was raining it is very possible you got some water in the switch.

Do you still have the issue?

I can provide the schematics if you want to do detailed diagnostics.

Mr. Sam

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom