Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

road force balancing

Folks, I don't think anyone was bullying anyone here. I think that the guys were just trying to save you a few bucks. I don't think they or even i was aware of your motives here mim0. We appreciate your experiment and would like to see what results you find. I understand the concern for your and everyone else safety as well. Old tires can be a bad deal in a lot of ways.

Here's my go at Road Force balancing;

My pickup developed a shimmy at about 55-65mph. I took it in and had the tires re-balanced things were fine for about two days and the shimmy returned. So took it back where they balanced them again, to dead perfect, I was standing right there when they did them. I took it out on the road the shimmy was back within 5 miles. Took it back where they Road Force Balanced them where the machine identified a bad tire. They worked on it over an hour trying to get it right. Rotate tire re-balance, still out. Nothing they could do would get it right.

I bought a new set of tires, no more shimmy. Road force balancing will ID a lot of problems.

For all you who seem to be worried about my money, don't I earned it and I wii spend it how I want. For all of you who are worried about my safety, don't. I have a brand new set of tires ready to be mounted after my experiment I have several other cars, and I just wanted to know if road force balancing was as good as I have heard, and if it is I might do it on my other cars and SUV Now if that troubles you, too bad. If you really are worried about my money, send me the 100.00

i was hoping to just share my findings , but there seems to be a few who just want to verbally bully others into thinking its there way and only their way

Too bad, because I'm sure it stops a lot of good people from posting on this site.

I have always liked feed back, but when I feel it becomes personal, it just turns me right off and from that point, nothing you have to say means anything. Looking back at other posting some of you have replied too, it would appear you need some help dealing with your emotions and how to deal with other people. I have been around bullies my whole life

Hey mim0, sorry to step on your toes if that's what I did. I'll just keep my concerns to myself when I see your name from now on. There ARE a lot of folks out there that see decent tread and assume they have a good tire, NOT realizing or understanding that the tire they are preparing to trust their life to is a time bomb waiting to explode. Since you understand all of that,Godspeed and good luck.
G-bye

Many, many years ago, I had a car that shimmied around 70 MPH even after balancing and checking the alignment and suspension.

So, I got a friend to follow me and we went to a divided 4-lane. He watched the tires as I drove 70 and spotted the bad tire. The side wall had a definite waviness while the others were smooth. Couldn't see that on the balance machine.

So, I actually got a "road force balance" out of a short road test with an observer. Now I know what to call that!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom