Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Robert Shaw Thermostats

Chris Kennedy

Hi! I was reading several posts in which people commented that "Robert Shaw Thermostats" had lowered operating temperatures. Apparently, the argument was that these thermostats had larger openings (flowing more water) than the standard Stants that you see in most auto part stores. I had never heard of these "Robert Shaw" thermostats before reading the posts (sounds like the name of some movie actor). What do people know about them? What's the best place to get them?

Thanks,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

I installed a 160 powerstat from Corvette Central in my 92, with manual switches for the fans. Runs 185 consistently.

AutoZone used to sell the Robert Shaw Hi-Flow thermostats. Many of my cars have them. I do believe they open wider for improved flow. I have temp gauges on several cars, and they run at/stay a consistent 180*.

Recently, not being able to get the Robert Shaw ones, I have had success with the "Mr. Gasket" Hi-Flow thermostats from Summit Racing.

Robert Shaw is a brand name for various thermostatic controls-home, industrial, etc.-not "just" a car part.

Rick
:gap

AutoZone used to sell the Robert Shaw Hi-Flow thermostats. Many of my cars have them. I do believe they open wider for improved flow. I have temp gauges on several cars, and they run at/stay a consistent 180*.

Recently, not being able to get the Robert Shaw ones, I have had success with the "Mr. Gasket" Hi-Flow thermostats from Summit Racing.

Robert Shaw is a brand name for various thermostatic controls-home, industrial, etc.-not "just" a car part.

Rick
:gap

Thanks, everyone, for your replies---this is something I will pursue!

/s/ Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom