Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rocker Arm Design - How they work...

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster

Overhead cams are a more efficient method of actuating the valves than with a pushrod, but someone in Detroit never got the memo. And thank goodness they didn't. With production pushrod mills turning 7,000 rpm, NASCAR Sprint Cup engines pushing 9,500 rpm, and NHRA Pro Stock motors creeping closer to 11,000 rpm every day, breakthroughs in valvetrain technology have pushed OHV architecture far beyond what was ever imaginable. Furthermore, while street motors will never wind out as high as dedicated race motors, with today's high-flow cylinder heads, turning 7,500 rpm isn't out of the question. While durable valvesprings, and lightweight valves and retainers get much of the credit, these stratospheric rpms wouldn't be possible without commensurate progress in the rocker arm front.

Chevy Hi-Performance

I've been thinking about rebuilding my heads or even new heads to get a little bit more power out of my car.

Probably won't happen until late 2011 post-deployment, though. Then again, by that time, I'll probably just splurge for a C6 Z or a ZR-1. :L

Comp seems to be the leader in valve train components.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom