Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rocking Seat TSB FIX - worked?

Duntov7

Corvette
2014 C7 Z51 SILVER/RED
For those of you (C5) who have had the TSB (# 02-08-50-002) done by Chevy service to fix the driver's (or passenger) seat from 'Rocking' (usually upon acceleration with the 6-speed).....how have the RESULTS been....is it noticeably better than before the fix, or nay?

There is a way to fix this yourself. who ever needs this info, let me know and I'll zip it up and send it to you. I found this on the internet and have not had the time to post this on my web site yet.

Duntov7 said:
For those of you (C5) who have had the TSB (# 02-08-50-002) done by Chevy service to fix the driver's (or passenger) seat from 'Rocking' (usually upon acceleration with the 6-speed).....how have the RESULTS been....is it noticeably better than before the fix, or nay?

well, my rocking seat turned out to be more than the TSB mentioned - they replaced the entire driver's seattrack and no problems!

SLICKMAN said:
There is a way to fix this yourself. who ever needs this info, let me know and I'll zip it up and send it to you. I found this on the internet and have not had the time to post this on my web site yet.
YGM!

This is the way GM fix's all the rocking seat issues. I have heard that not too long after this fix, it starts all over again. :eyerole

c5vetter said:
well, my rocking seat turned out to be more than the TSB mentioned - they replaced the entire driver's seattrack and no problems!

slickman, will you please send me the fix? My seat is rocking everytime I take off or stop.

thanks

I have this up on my web site now, goto http://corvette.riale.net and click on "C5 Corvette Tech Tips" button and on that page you will see the link to "Fix the C5 Rocking Seat"..

Hope this helps everyone!!

Thanks Slick, but why are you forcing me to look at your page with
I.E.
puke.gif

Come on now Cal, lets not cry... I don't feel like sending out this zip file every time it’s needed so, just save or view it off my page. Geee, I try to help and I get harassed... :)

Geeze... some peoples kids... :D ok, ok, I'll save it. (I'm just "bustin' " on ya)

Actually thanks alot. My '97's starting to rock on take offs and slowdowns.
Sounds like a PITA to fix though??

Especially since I'm not really a "wrench". Plus I'm probably not gonna keep it that long anyhow.

Edit: Actually, I thought that the message was pretty hysterical saying that the port had been disabled for security reasons. H*ll, you can't get a bigger security risk than IE.:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom