Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Roof Leak

1996 LT4 Topic

Floyd

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Red
Removable hardtop leaks at two front corners where top is pulled down. I think it is possibly the weatherstripping but I can not find instructions for replacement. Has anyone had this experience and can you help me out.

Maybe a dumb question but did you clean the weather stripping really good? (both sides) if so there is a product that you can purchase from a pool supply store that is a lubricant for a pool filter O-Ring that I use and it makes a really tight seal, offhand I can't remember the name of it but it's not petroleum based which ruins rubber. That's how I found out about this stuff because I was using vasaline and within a year the O-Ring had streched out so much that it was ruined

Maybe a dumb question but did you clean the weather stripping really good? (both sides) if so there is a product that you can purchase from a pool supply store that is a lubricant for a pool filter O-Ring that I use and it makes a really tight seal, offhand I can't remember the name of it but it's not petroleum based which ruins rubber. That's how I found out about this stuff because I was using vasaline and within a year the O-Ring had streched out so much that it was ruined

No, I did not clean the weatherstripping. Not sure how I would clean both sides but I will find something and clean all the surfaces I can get too. Great idea for a start. Maybe it will put a little life back in the rubber. I would think an auto supply house would have something to clean and lubricate weatherstripping and rubber seals.

Thanks,

Floyd

1996 Owners Manual

Have you tried what is in the 1996 Owners Manual for the weather stripping?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom