Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Roof panels for "92 coupe

roblw

Corvette
1992 coupe
Just bought my first vette last week, and loving it! Anybody know if the '92 coupe came standard with a body color roof top? I have a bronze-tinted glass roof top, but the guy I bought the car from last week had only that top, as did the prior owner, who I spoke with today (he was the 2nd ,not the original owner). Just wondering if the car came with one, or if its possible it came only with the bronze-tinted glass top? Also, is there any good reason to buy a used hardtop, and have it painted to match the car? Is it a quieter ride with the hardtop? Thanks for any info!

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the C4 General forum....

Yes, the painted roof was standard. You could order it with just the see-through roof panel. Dual roof panels was also an option.

Here are the options:

Corvette Action Center | Research Center | C4 | 1992 | 1992 Corvette Production Numbers and Performance Reviews

Personally, I don't think the ride will be any quieter with the solid roof panel because the bulk of the road noise inside the car comes from the rear hatch area. The only thing you'll notice is that with the solid roof panel on, the cabin feels a little more claustrophobic than it does with the see-through roof panel.

Is the RPO sticker still on your car?
Look for the dual roof RPO to see if it was delivered with both. If it was, the original owner probably still has the other roof under a bed somewhere! ;)

Thanks

Thanks for the roof panel info!

Is the RPO sticker still on your car?
Look for the dual roof RPO to see if it was delivered with both. If it was, the original owner probably still has the other roof under a bed somewhere! ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom