Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

rotten leather seats

S

shfmd

Was pleased to find a "technical service bulletin" to get the seat cover on my 99 vette replaced, as the leather looks pretty bad on the bolster, as I understand they all do. However, was told that since my vette in 3 years and 4 months old, it is not covered under the warranty (even though I have the GM extended warranty as well). I thought if it is a known defect, they should replace it, regardless of the age.
Anyone have any success with getting this fixed at GM expense?

My dealer is useless- don't bring your vette there. My vette has every known problem (tire pressure indicator, fuel tank gauge), none have ever been successfully fixed there.

You might want to find another dealer. I don't think they are right. It should be covered under your extended warranty. You should really go to a different dealer.

shfmd,

The leather seat covers and bottom foam were replaced on my 1999 C5 coupe's "extra cost sport seats" while under the new car warranty. The covers are begining to show excess wear again (car has 24,500 miles and is 3 years - 10 months old).

The leather quality of the EXTRA COST sport seats is poor. When the covers were replaced, the dealer service technician told me that the dealer had replaced many and it was a common complaint.

I do not believe the extended GMPP warranty covers interior seat covers. You may want to speak with the service manager and point out that it is a well known defect and that a TSB exists for the problem.

Good luck.

I also have a 99, and mine was replaced under the original factory warranty in Nov of 01. Not the whole seat, just the back. My dealer never questioned anything, they sent out the back and put a new cover on it. I was told that the replacement material is supposed to be a "better" grade of leather. As a matter of fact, while it was in for that they noticed a little wear near the console glovebox and they replaced that piece to.

I was under the impression that an extended GM warranty is a carry over of all the original coverages in the 3 year Bumper to Bumper factory one.

We have been booted out of three different Chevy dealers with our 2000 model and told that wear is "normal", deal with it.

It ticked Nikki off so bad the last time she demanded to have her car brought back around, shook the dust off her sandles from the place and blasted out of there. The transmission also gives her trouble in reverse, and she has been told by the same places, "deal with it, it is normal".

It may be an awesome car, but the entire experience of owning one of these things is not awesome all the time.

This information is off my receipt from thr dealer:

Interior trim work Hours: 0.05 Warrany

C/S Please check drivers seat, wearing.
Bulletin #99-08-50-010 Check both seats for
premature wear.

Hope you can use some of this information for help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom