Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

RPO Code Confusion

Corvette
2004 Silver Coupe
In the glove box of my 04 C5 is a list of RPO codes. Iwent out to the website to check what each of them was and found a confusing bit of info. It seems that I have MX0 and M30 both of which refer to the automatic tranny. But, the MX0 code indicates that it comes with the G92 High performance rear axle. But there is no G92 in the list of RPO codes. Anyone have any idea what's going on here, and do I have the high performance rear axle on my car.

Silverstreak04

Hi silverstreak -

M30 Transmission, Automatic, 4-speed, 4L60-E, Electronic
MX0 Merchandised Transmission, Automatic O/D Provisions
G90 Axle, Rear, 3.15 Ratio
G92 Axle, Rear, Performance Ratio
GU2 Axle, Rear, 2.73 Ratio
GU6 Axle, Rear, 3.42 Ratio

your differential should have a metal getrag "dog tag" on one of the bolts - and that tag will list the gear ratio, and it should correspond to the indicated option in the glove box sticker (if the car is stock).

check out this link...

http://home.fuse.net/corvette/rpo.htm

best regards-

mqqn

Here's another link to RPO codes here on the CAC.
I would think that if your glove box listed the MX0 (even if it also listed the M30) you probably have the performance axle.

I would still be inclined to take a look though, like mqqn suggested.

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
Here's another link to RPO codes here on the CAC.
I would think that if your glove box listed the MX0 (even if it also listed the M30) you probably have the performance axle.

I would still be inclined to take a look though, like mqqn suggested.

Tammy

Hi MsSchroder -

Dang! Nice link there! (mqqn permanently adds the CAC link to his Corvette "bag-o-tricks") lol.

best regards -

mqqn

mqqn said:
Hi MsSchroder -

Dang! Nice link there! (mqqn permanently adds the CAC link to his Corvette "bag-o-tricks") lol.

best regards -

mqqn

Yes, the Tech Center has a lot of little jewels like that tucked away. It took me a while to remember how to navigate back to it, but it is in my bag-o-tricks now too :D.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom