Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rubber Body Mounts

T

TurbospeedIII

Hello just found the site. and love it!

Has any one ever changed a 1970 vette from the solid body mounts to rubber. If so where did you get the rubber body mounts. Also in the rear where the body mounts it was rusted away (the metal that it is attached to the body does anyone know where i can get a replacement)

thanks

Has anyone done it before? I kind of figured i could us the 73 or later kit but i would hate to buy it and have my buddys over to set the body down and have it not work. Or worse yet put the whole car back together and find i had to take it back apart.

Thats the exact part i am looking for THANKS!!

I've done this on my 71. Used the 73-up standard rubber mounts. Car rides much better and it cut down on road noise. Very nice upgrade, IMO.

/Markus

Is that the higth that a 74-82 sits at and will that cause any other problems.

Thanks zwede did you notice the car setting any higher. I can adjust the ride hight of the car becouse i also have a vette brakes performance plus package.

To compensate for the thicker '73 and up rubber mounts, the mounts on the frame were lowered by the same amount.

You can usually tell a newer car with an older replacement frame by the amount of frame that protrudes below the rocker panels.

Hmmmm I guess i will have to think about this. But i am leaning to the rubber mounts becouse i have herd my ride will already be very firm with the vette brakes package and i can still lower the car to get the right stance but.. i guess that will reduce my ground clearance?

Yes, my car sits about 3/8"higher, but it's not really noticable. It gave me a little more hood clearance which was needed.

I heard that the brackets were lower on the 73-up, but I don't believe that is true. A friend of mine has a 73 frame under his 72 and used the solid mounts and had no problems. If the brackets really were lower that shouldn't have worked. I looked at his frame mounts and they looked identical to the ones on my 71.

What did you do about shiming it? or did you just use the same amount all the way around?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom