Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

run-flat tires

KP99

Corvette
2012 SuperSonic Blue GS
I still have not decided to go with either non-runflats or runflats.
What happens to the sidewalls of the runflats after you have driven them 50 miles? Are they shot or should you take a chance
on them failing in the future?
Has anyone heard any stories on the new Goodyear GS-D3 non-
runflats?
Anyone have any suggestions?

The runflats that are stock on the C5 are good for up to 200 miles without air (flat). The other runflats are good for about 50 miles without air. The trade offs are less noise, better ride, better handling. The popular ones are Michelin, Yoko, Firestone; there are others. Check out www.tireerack.com for costs and specs.

Correction: actually, the link above doesn't work. Check out: Tire Rack Upgrade Garage. -- Rob

KP99 said:

Has anyone heard any stories on the new Goodyear GS-D3 non-
runflats?

KP,

I had the GS-D3's installed about a week and a half ago. I'm waiting to write up a review on these until I've logged a few miles on them. It's not my daily driver and I've only put about 150 miles on them and all of that on dry roads.

What I can tell you so far is that they are quieter than the GSC's and ride much better. The adhesion on dry pavement is also an improvement. I can't break these loose from a straight standing start but could with the GSC's.

If there is any noticable trade off, they aren't quite as crisp on initial turn in as the originals. They're not sluggish in my opinion, just not quite as quick. Net Net I'm pretty happy with them so far. They have an aggressive look too. Check out my avatar.

Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom