Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

S Y S flashing code

PLRX

Last day I drove the Vette was last friday. I started tonight and I had a lazy start like the battery is going bad and seconds after that the "SYS" code next to the fuel gauge started to flash, the manual says...electrical system. Any advice????????? Comments or experiences

What should I do? Shop?;shrug

My '90 did the same thing after sitting for over a week. Lazy start then SYS flashing every several seconds. I reading other posts, I found that the SYS flashing can be caused by a low battery. After driving enough to fully charge the battery, and a normal re-start, the SYS did not re-appear. After several normal re-starts - still no SYS.

Low battery, dirty/bad wire connections or a bad alternator. If the battery is all the way down charge it with a charger. Charging a flat battery with the alternator will overload the stock GM alternator shortening its life.

:w

SYS light

In 2003 my '95 would occasionally show the SYS light under hard accel, especially turning left. Then the battery went too low to start the car after a door was left open for 1/2 hour or so.
Discovered that the battery was original (almost 8 years old) with no provision for adding water.
New battery = no more SYS light and the battery doesn't drain down when the door or the hood are left open for 1/2 hour or more.

Thanks for the help, I drove it to work (1:15) and battery is good to go and no more SYS oh by the way, in the process I acquired a new Top Speed in my Vette today...149 MPH. I'll post a picture of my GPS later on.

Again Thanks!!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom