Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sawblade Rims - How to tell / ZR ?

Idaho Slim

Corvette
1996 LT1- Blk/Blk. 1996 LT4 - White/Blk
I have been trolling on Ebay trying to find a set of front sawblades that match the rear 11x17's I bought last year. They are the "painted" coating finish, but there is no description on any of the "ZR" advertised rims I have looked at on ebay that say "painted". I do see where they post the code, anyone know the painted code ? Thanks all. :w

Not sure of the code, but I'm pretty sure that 91 and 92 model years had the painted sawblades and 93-96 had the machined faces. You're looking for 9 1/2" wheels?

Not sure of the code, but I'm pretty sure that 91 and 92 model years had the painted sawblades and 93-96 had the machined faces. You're looking for 9 1/2" wheels?

Correct the front wheels on a 91-92 ZR-1 are the same as any 91-92 9.5 painted wheel the size is cast into the inside along with R or L

Last edited:

Yep 9.5's, so if they advertise as 91-92 ZR1 they should match my rear 11x17's ? Thanx guys! :thumb

I reviewed my C4 wheels page I saved and I see that now, but it does not say "painted" but says "cast" but does signify the 91-92's in a separate category.

If you closely at the wheels you will see the painted ones have a smooth transition of the spokes, on the machine finish you will see an edge along the spoke.

If you closely at the wheels you will see the painted ones have a smooth transition of the spokes, on the machine finish you will see an edge along the spoke.

Good Info/tip! I didn't realize that! :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom