Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

sawblade wheel restoration ????

Parrothead

Corvette
Quazar Blue 92
I was wanting to change my wheels from the painted / aluminum :confused to the chromed version. Is it possible to get my current wheels chromed or is just cheaper to buy new and exchange them. I also have a little bit of road rash on one of them, can that be repaired????? Thanks for the help.....

:pat

www.vettewheel.com

I just today ordered chrome wheels for my 88 using their exchange program. They're less expensive then the catelogs. Ecklers was $695.00 plus a core charge. This place is $635.00 plus the same core charge. I have a buddy who used them for his chrome sawblades and he was pleased with the transaction. I also didn't like ecklers policy on if THEY deem your wheels to not be in mint condition, they would adjust the refund. I saw that as a loophole designed for them to keep most of the core charge.
You can pm JRMAROON here at the cac. He has gorgeous chrome saw's.....

Len:w

ps: according to my mechanic, to get mine chromed locally would run $150.00 each but there would be downtime which I didn't want.

Thanks for the link. I also don't like the thought of the down time but the cost savings is what I was looking for. What kind of wheels did you get for the 88?

Parrothead said:
Thanks for the link. I also don't like the thought of the down time but the cost savings is what I was looking for. What kind of wheels did you get for the 88?

Direct replacements for the 88/89.

Len:w

Mine are being black powder coated as I post this. I will post a pic as soon as they are finished. I had some extra time at the shop so I did the clean, sandblast, and road rash clean up myself. It took about 2 hr. per wheel...next time I will be happy to pay someone else to do the dirty work. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom