Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Scanners

1996 LT4 Topic

captainrags

Corvette
1996 red coupe lt4 manual 6 speed
C4,1996 LT4. I seem to be here all the time but thankful for the information all have given me. As a 1 month owner and still fumbling arrount pulling things apart and loving it. I was wondering everybody’s views on scanners. I have a Memo Scan U581 and it is ok, just trying to track down codes and understand it all. I was considering purchasing a OBD2 Diagnostics Inc “All In One” that will work with a downloaded program to my lap top. Any views on the above?
Ray
:beer

There are a variety of hardware-based and software-based scan testers on the market.

I think CAC members can be of more help if you tell us what kind of diagnostic work you plan to do.

Do you want to see manufacturer specific data and ability to interface with the ecm, OBD 2 generic data or just need a code reader? :confused

There are a variety of hardware-based and software-based scan testers on the market.

I think CAC members can be of more help if you tell us what kind of diagnostic work you plan to do.

I would for now, like to use it as a diagnostic tool but would like to have the option of using it with or without the laptop however using it with the laptop I presume I can see the actual while running, later may be upgrading with a different chip but that’s not the mail objective now.

I would for now, like to use it as a diagnostic tool to gather as much info as i can eg injectore spark misses etc but would like to have the option of using it with or without the laptop however using it with the laptop I presume I can see the actual while running, later may be upgrading with a different chip but that’s not the mail objective now.

Well, I don't think that the 96's were "chipable". I think that the ECM was just reprogrammed with a tune, much like the newer computers. I have an AutoXray 6000 that will do much of what you are saying you'd like to do. It can pull codes and display what is going on in real time in 10 second strips. It wasn't cheap, but not all that expensive.

Well, I don't think that the 96's were "chipable". I think that the ECM was just reprogrammed with a tune, much like the newer computers. I have an AutoXray 6000 that will do much of what you are saying you'd like to do. It can pull codes and display what is going on in real time in 10 second strips. It wasn't cheap, but not all that expensive.
Thy are chipable as I mentioned I have the CAN OBII U581 cost $95 it just gives codes the OBD Diagnostics Inc sell for $100 hooks to your laptop and shows MPH and Tack as well as whats going on I think I should have purchased it may be will any way Your unit was 2+ a bit to rich for me for now.
Thanks for th einput
Ray

:v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom