Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Screwed on EBAY

• Thread starter Thread starter rhanselman
  • Start date Start date
R

rhanselman

I won the bidding on a 1992 ZR-1 Dk Red with light Gray int today. The guy e-mails me that his computer crashed and he couldn't stop the auction in time. He said he had a better offer off line and wont sell me the car.

What's a dude to do? I thought I had another Z for my garage!

Cheers!

:confused

:( Sorry to hear that Ron. I was recently screwed on EBAY as well but for a lower dollar Corvette item. Be careful on there. Lots of jerks.

Contact eBay?

Does eBay enforce anything, or does anything go?

I feel that if the auction went through to completion, the seller has a moral obligation to sell you the vehicle. Isn't this like a verbal contract?

It was his responsibility to stop the auction. Regardless of what the reason is, he didn't. Does anyone pay attention to the seller reviews?
Heidi

I don't buy on Ebay and won't buy on Ebay. No rules = I don't play.

I have bought and sold hundreds of times on eBay. My purchases have been mostly small items under $100 - everything from CDs, old soda bottles, car parts, books, power tools. However, I bought my wife's car through eBay two months ago. Granted, the car happened to be located a mile from my workplace and I did drive it first.

The "pc crash" excuse is a cop out, plain and simple. Almost any mall has an ISP selling service at a kiosk where you can log on to any site you want. And let me guess, the guy doens't know anyone else with a PC - not likely. First, leave scathing feedback for the guy, second complain to eBay. Both may get you nowhere and you probably wouldn't want to buy from the guy anyhow but at least others will know his track record.

Anytime I buy, I check the feedback first. If someone left negative feedback, I check that persons feedback as well to see if he/she is just a whiner or what. As always it's buyer beware but I have only been burned once and I was able to resolve it.

My $.02.

Sorry to hear that....

I have only purchased once on EBAY and got a real nice factory orgianl AM/FM Radio w/Cassette for my '79.

I did read all the info about the seller and seemed like everything went along very fast, bidding, emailing after the close and sending my cashiers check. The wait was getting my radio. Took 2-3 weeks?

I would use EBAY again, but with much caution and not sure if I would use for a high dollar item.

fraudulent selling tactics

file a complaint and open an investigation by ebay. I've been on ebay since 97 and have a a feedback rating of 621. I work hard to make sure all my transactions are honest and fair, and take personal offence to losers who ruin it for the rest of us.

Here's the link to ebay's complaint department:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/investigates.htmlhttp://pages.ebay.com/help/community/investigates.html

even if you don't get the car, the seller will be branded by ebay as a problem. and you could get him/her suspended for breaking the rules.

good luck.

Paul (ebay= 81_corvette )

Believe it or not I bought my vette off Ebay... and I bought it from Florida and I live in Pennsylvania... now that is trust right? :duh However, even though none of the problems of the car were addressed I still got one hell of a deal and couldn't be happier with my new corvette! :cool Through it all it was kind off a fun experience, a few headaches but I definitly learned alot! like everyone has said, you just have to be VERY careful...

At least you didn't pay for it and get nothing. But he still deserves a little of this.:bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom