Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sea Foam Review

Hey bro, can you post some pic's of you're setup? I have seen some offered online, but none as good as what you setup.

Hey bro, can you post some pic's of you're setup? I have seen some offered online, but none as good as what you setup.
Sure, I'll grab some pics. and post them. My can is a universal can that can be used on basically any vehicle.

Sure, I'll grab some pics. and post them. My can is a universal can that can be used on basically any vehicle.
Thanks! Always looking for a better way and you have the needed knowledge due to you're experience in this area.

How often would you use seafoam?

Is it a once a year situation? (12K miles?)

Thanks and happy holidays.

JB

How often would you use seafoam?

Is it a once a year situation? (12K miles?)

Thanks and happy holidays.

JB
Hey JB,
I use it after 2 oil changes. The catch can captures most of the oil, but there is still some that gets through into the intake. The valves, the intake ports and the combustion chambers really do get quite a build up of sludge on them. I first noticed this when I did my head swap. It took me awhile to figure out how the oil was getting in. Once I knew it was definitely coming through the PCV valve, I installed the oil catch can. There is so much vacuum at idle, some does get passed into the intake. It also can get passed when you are at WOT and let off the throttle completely and coast down returning vacuum through the PCV and oil getting slung into the valley tube. It is a problem that continues and all you can do is try to minimize the effect. That is where Sea Foam comes into play to clean up all the residuals. You will be surprised how well your car runs after one treatment. CAT and O2 sensor safe.
Happy holidays to you too.

Catch Can Install

Here is an attempt to post a pic. Hopefully zooming helps. I'm limited to 69KB on pics.

Todd, if you email me the full size pic I'll host it for you. Would love to see full size pic.

YGPM.

Leon

Full size pic as promised. Still a bit hard to read. I will touch up if I get a chance.

CATCH_CAN_INSTALL.jpg

Leon

That looks great thanks. I think a larger and normal style text should have been used.

There is left side and right side text.

The left side text is:

PCV VALVE

OIL CATCH CAN

The right side text is:

VALLEY TUBE OUTLET

CATCH CAN OIL INLET

CATCH CAN OUTLET TO
PCV VALVE INLET

OIL FLOW DIRECTION (TYP.)

CATCH CAN SIGHT GLASS

Sorry Todd for getting back so late, work is trying to kill us. Thanks Gorgon for posting, and thanks Todd for the link. It's on order.

Sorry Todd for getting back so late, work is trying to kill us. Thanks Gorgon for posting, and thanks Todd for the link. It's on order.
Awesome!! The mounting is made to the end of the head. I'll post a pic. of it if I can grab one. It is done with the parts provided, but you will need a spacer. I used a steel valvespring retainer lol!

My local napa dealer says he sells it by the case to the californians because they can't buy it over there.

Just ran this through my engine today. I have to agree, great stuff. Smoothed out my idle as well as acceleration through the power band. I'm sold!

Leon

No autozones around here, as far as i can see.

Ill probably have to go to NAPA and get them to order it for me, if that doesnt work ill just take a 3 hour cruise down to Syracuse this summer and buy some there :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom