Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sea Foam Review

I bought some seafoam and now im not exactly sure where its supposed to go.

Im assuming im supposed to unplug the PCV valve on the end where it goes into the manifold, and not the other way around? It would seem strange to me that it would have to go into the manifold first, but im no mechanic.

Im fairly sure about what to do, but the engine doesnt seem to like me removing it and seems to choke as soon as i unplug the tube, im lead to believe those noises are not good, but is it a regular part of the process?

Anyways, i hope someone will answer soon, im eager to see what this stuff will do.

I have a Kawasaki GPZ1100 that needs this stuff.
The idle jets are all clogged up from sitting over the winter. I wonder if I can just add it to the gas tank to do the job, or if I will have to "inject" it into the intakes somehow. In any case, there are 4 carbs on it that need to be unclogged.
I have pulled them off twice, and run carb cleaner through them, but it is only a temporary fix each time I do it.:hb

I have a Kawasaki GPZ1100 that needs this stuff.
The idle jets are all clogged up from sitting over the winter. I wonder if I can just add it to the gas tank to do the job, or if I will have to "inject" it into the intakes somehow. In any case, there are 4 carbs on it that need to be unclogged.
I have pulled them off twice, and run carb cleaner through them, but it is only a temporary fix each time I do it.:hb
It would work well on the bike for sure. You can administer it through the fuel or through the throttlebody, air intake etc. Make sure the bike is running.

I bought some seafoam and now im not exactly sure where its supposed to go.

Im assuming im supposed to unplug the PCV valve on the end where it goes into the manifold, and not the other way around? It would seem strange to me that it would have to go into the manifold first, but im no mechanic.

Im fairly sure about what to do, but the engine doesnt seem to like me removing it and seems to choke as soon as i unplug the tube, im lead to believe those noises are not good, but is it a regular part of the process?

Anyways, i hope someone will answer soon, im eager to see what this stuff will do.
It needs to get into the intake manifold, so put it in through the break booster line and into the hose before the PCV valve. I would use 1/3 of a can through front (pcv) and rear (break booster line to the intake manifold. Dump the rest of the can into the fuel tank to be used through injection.

Get someone to help with the idle issue by slightly raising it. Just don't rev it. Have done many injection services this way.
Yo todd! How's the EB been running? :w

I guess it might help to know what and where the break booster is :|

From what i understand, the valve circled in red needs to be unplugged, and the seafoam let into the same valve, which will then be suctioned into the engine. Its all i understand so far, since im not familiar with all the things under that hood.

CATCH_CAN_INSTALL.jpg

The break booster is mounted on the fire wall on the driver's side in the corner. The hose should be removed and seafoam poured into the end.

I'll vouch for the locations. Did my Z last month and the stuff works. Thanks Todd for putting me on to the Sea Foam. Great stuff. I also did the C3 to see if I could clear a sticking valve problem. Took 2 cans but so far, so good. If that doesn't work then it will be on to plan B. Todd knows what that is:D.

:w
H.D.

I'm late to the party but I would also like to add a glowing review for Seafoam. It's on the shelf at my local NAPA store. I have used it through the carb but usually I just add a can to a full tank of gas once a year. The '81 was running really rough going down the road during Cruise Fest 1 in Auburn so I added a can to a fill up and in short order it smoothed out and runs like a new one. Just to show how well this stuff keeps the carb and injectior clean I took the '81 out for a drive last week and after thinking about how smooth it ran the thought hit me that the gas in it was still the fill up when I put it away nearly 4 years ago. It doesn't get driven much but it will see more road time now that I have it on my Hagerty policy. I got taken to the cleaners on a total loss (not a Corvette) by the good hands and we were afraid to get the Corvette out until we were sure it was properly protected. I also had a lawn mower that got gunked up and wouldn't run without a lot of effort. I added a few oz. to it's tank and it then became a one pull start engine. Great stuff.

Tom

Intresting. I was just going to ask about using it on a C3 with a carburator. Will it remove carbon build up in the exhaust tubes/ports of the stock intake manifold? Looking forward to using this stuff considering all of the positive feedback...

I'll vouch for the locations. Did my Z last month and the stuff works. Thanks Todd for putting me on to the Sea Foam. Great stuff. I also did the C3 to see if I could clear a sticking valve problem. Took 2 cans but so far, so good. If that doesn't work then it will be on to plan B. Todd knows what that is:D.

H.D.
Yeah, it truly is one of the greatest products ever. Again driving my Z, I can hear every cylinder fire off individually, so crisp and clear. I turned the people down at McGee Chevrolet onto it, and they were floored by the dramatic results. My exhaust tips stay very shiny. This is a clear indication of how clean and oil in the combustion chamber free I am. :D

I'm late to the party but I would also like to add a glowing review for Seafoam. It's on the shelf at my local NAPA store. I have used it through the carb but usually I just add a can to a full tank of gas once a year. The '81 was running really rough going down the road during Cruise Fest 1 in Auburn so I added a can to a fill up and in short order it smoothed out and runs like a new one. Just to show how well this stuff keeps the carb and injectior clean I took the '81 out for a drive last week and after thinking about how smooth it ran the thought hit me that the gas in it was still the fill up when I put it away nearly 4 years ago. It doesn't get driven much but it will see more road time now that I have it on my Hagerty policy. I got taken to the cleaners on a total loss (not a Corvette) by the good hands and we were afraid to get the Corvette out until we were sure it was properly protected. I also had a lawn mower that got gunked up and wouldn't run without a lot of effort. I added a few oz. to it's tank and it then became a one pull start engine. Great stuff.

Tom
I agree, I use a 1/3 can through the fuel injection, but my oil catch can does the real dirty work, the Seafoam keeps me clean. Have you tried Seafoam in the crankcase? I haven't yet, but this reduces the moisture in the oil from what they say.

Intresting. I was just going to ask about using it on a C3 with a carburator. Will it remove carbon build up in the exhaust tubes/ports of the stock intake manifold? Looking forward to using this stuff considering all of the positive feedback...
You can do the same as Heavy Duty. The idea is to get the engine up to operating temperature. I would recommend a 1/2 can when up to temp. and at idle, dumped directly into the carberator. Pour it in at a very easy rate. When you have a 1/2 can administered directly into the carberator, shut the car off. Let it sit for ten minutes. Restart the car and you should see some smoke and smell some fumes, so make sure you are in a well ventilated area. I would dump the other 1/2 can into the gas tank. You can take her somewhere remote and hammer it a few times, don't go on a busy street, I had a guy with a Merc. SUV blind a few people like Bond, James Bond on the road from the amount of carbon he blew out the tail pipe. :L

I also had a lawn mower that got gunked up and wouldn't run without a lot of effort. I added a few oz. to it's tank and it then became a one pull start engine. Great stuff.

Tom

Dang......I hadn't thought about using the stuff on the mower. That is my next project with Sea Foam:D.

HD

Yeah, it truly is one of the greatest products ever. Again driving my Z, I can hear every cylinder fire off individually, so crisp and clear. I turned the people down at McGee Chevrolet onto it, and they were floored by the dramatic results. My exhaust tips stay very shiny. This is a clear indication of how clean and oil in the combustion chamber free I am. :D

Yea...the C3 smoked like a coal stove the first time I did it. If I knew it was going to smoke like that I would have waited a little longer and fogged some pesky flying insects away;LOL. The second time I did used the Sea Foam it didn't smoke anywhere near as bad. The C3 sure sounds a lot better and I think it contributed to the Z laying the smack down on the Viper the other night:).

HD

Jeff,

I use Seafoam all the time. You'll like this stuff. It works great with our old gals!

Off-topic... I was in your neck of the woods last Sunday for Mother's Day. My parents live in Davidsonville, and of course we had to go through Millersville to get there. I was keeping my eyes peeled for a cool black 79!

Ralph

Holy, I'm gonna have to check the roadkill lounge for more info. ;)

Hehe....I won't post that one:D. The Viper pilot was really nice;). I'm sure that if he had a later model (his was a '98) it could have gone the other way. That was the encounter I told you about. We stopped and talked a good half-hour. I will say that the Z preformed like a champ. I Love the power these cars have

HD

Yea...the C3 smoked like a coal stove the first time I did it. If I knew it was going to smoke like that I would have waited a little longer and fogged some pesky flying insects away;LOL.
HD
I did Jo's Jimmy with it last fall and Forestry Service seen it from the Tower and called the Old Fort Fire department to come and Investigate!!!!:boogie :boogie :boogie :D

I did Jo's Jimmy with it last fall and Forestry Service seen it from the Tower and called the Old Fort Fire department to come and Investigate!!!!:boogie :boogie :boogie :D

I hear you. My neighbor across the road was watching as the C3 smoked. Later he asked me if the car had cought fire. Told him no....I was just getting my new Corvette mosquito fogger ready for the season:chuckle.

HD

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom