Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Searching for my 1962; HELP

marno

In the summer of 1964, I purchased Tad Ono's 1962 Corvette. Today, I am in search of that same car: white with black interior, 340 HP. Serial number:3-208675112877.

The story.
I met the Ono brothers, Tad and Mits, who owned a couple of Sinclair stations, while working in Chicago. As a past-time, they ran a B Dragster. Though they had a couple of service stations around the Lincoln Avenue area, they were almost mini speed shops. Always had hot cars and their owners hanging around. (Wish I could remember the name of the hot red head i met there, too. Ha.)

At the time, I owned a white 61' vette. But when Tad's car became available, I knew I had to have it. Late summer, my buddy and I drove to Mishawaka, sold my 1961, boogied to Chicago and picked up Tad's car. (Because it was the same color: black interior, white exterior, black soft top, white hard top, I figured my mother would be none the wiser. Who knows.) Driving that bad boy: w/ 2-4s, 4:11 pos, traction master beast home was a hell of a ride.

I sold it in the fall of 1969 to a fellow from Wakarusa, Indiana. I was living in Nappanee, Indiana.
My Corvette, the subject of much TLC, got me through college, into marriage, job and service. (Don't know why I sold it. A familiar story, eh!.)

Any help in locating/or hints in how to locate my car is greatly appreciated. Am hoping she is out there.
White, black interior, black soft top, white hard top; 340 HP, Hurst. Serial No:208675112877

Thanx
Michael

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum, and into the C1 / C2 Forum...

Thanx, Vettehead Mikey....interesting

Not of direct help but the complete serial number would be 208675S112877. A quick search found no present records.
Mikey, i found the serial number on an old insurance policy. Curiously (I just checked again) the S was not present.
How would you know to add the S? And what is the S indicative of...what does it signify?

Also, where does one search to find if that car is around, or on any records?

Thanx
Michael

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom