Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Seat Belt Anchor bolts.........

coptertom

Corvette
1972 and 2014 C7
Don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem: After doing a body off restoration decided to replace the interior. As it turns out I have to replace three of the lower seat belt anchor bolts. Chevrolet has discontinued them and I've check all over unable to locate them. The bolt is tapered and looks to be either 1/2" or 12 mm. Does anyone know where I could locate them.......If not I was wondering if the seat belt anchor bolts from a 80's Camero or other GM vehicle would work?

Thanks
;help

I think you wouldn't have any problem finding them at a Corvette salvage yard.

Groeten Peter

Might try taking one of the original ones to a "Fastener" (Bolt & Nut) store... and yes they have them, I bought my aircraft grade bolts for my rear height adjustment.. ;)

I don't know if you will be able to find the "Torq" type, but maybe. You may be correct about finding one from another GM mfr. around that year..

Peer may have the easiest solution, but if I know "Salvage Yards" they don't give noth'n away!!

Good Luck

Bud

They are probably generic GM. Any other GM vehicle of the same model year will probably use the same bolts.

:thumb

They are probably generic GM. Any other GM vehicle of the same model year will probably use the same bolts.

:werd: That would be my bet too. GM is pretty famous for interchange between cars. Some parts are specific to a model, but way more are "fitzall".

Thanks guys..............There are no corvette salvage yards here in south Florida. I think I am going to try looking for the bolts that fit other 81 Chevrolet's, it may be the best bet. I tried looking at a couple of local bolt specialty shops with out any luck.

I just had the original bolts out of the seatbelt connection points; these have all 3 a Torq 50 head with a 12 mm METRIC THREAD[STANDARD= COURSE]
This is very much to my surprise, because any other car I've worked on, including all Europeans had a 7/16th fine thread [UNF] on them.
I did not know any better, than this size bolt was a universal standard.
But the Corvette is different.

Do note however, that these bolts do have a larger shank area, 9/16th diameter, and probably 5/8th long, from memory.
I just put everything back together yesterday, so I cannot give the exact length of this shank, but surely it is 12 mm thread :)
Cor

Seat belt anchor bolts

I know it's been a long time since your post, but if you're still looking, try:

Ssnake Oyl Products

Ssnake Oyl reconditions seat belts and I bought an anchor belt from them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom