Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat Belt Strangulation!

O

old-hot-rodder

My 93 Z puts a hurtin on me every time I stop quickly. My seat belt latches to secure position. Most vehicles I have had will release with a little relief in the belt once you come to a stop! This car stays locked till I retract all the way back. A pain in the Butt. Are other peoples like this or do I have a problem? Thanks

Al,

I'll be in Windham all day on Saturday. If you're around, I'll stop by the house and take a look at it for you. Let me know and email your phone number to me. I think I remember it, but not sure.

-Rob

Another issue with the ZR1 is that it has a "cinch" adjustment on the seatbelt which allows you to lock the belts so no slack is available during normal driving (presumably for hi speed driving).

The button for the control is a small rectangular red button near the bottom fastening point for the belt. Check that it works properly. In normal operation, it has no effect (assuming you don't touch it). When you use it, it locks the belt, so no slack can appear. repeatedly pressing it "ratchets" the slack out of the belt.

A couple times, I have had mine engage for whatever reason, and had the same sensation you describe, including having to release the belt to correct it. Make sure yours has the ability to stay out (as unpressed) when in normal operation, and I think you will be ok. You can verify this by pulling the button all the way out and temporarily fastening it for a whie. If the symptom is gone, that's it.

Regards,
Art in Baton Rouge.

Seat Belt Strangulation

Art; I will try that! It does act like the cinch is being engaged even though I haven't pressed it.
Thanks,
Al Whittier

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom