Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Seat belt warning light stays on

H

humphbri

Hi Everyone :beer
I know that this topic has come up a few times, but I can't seem to find a solution (perhaps I'm a beer short of a six-pack).

I have a late production run 1975 convertible. These cars came without the sensors in the seats (no interlock system). My seat belt warning light comes on and will not go off. My warning buzzer works, and does go off once the seat belt is clicked into place. I just want the warning light to go out.

Previous topics have suggested removing the globe or removing the buzzer. Both would work, but I want to keep my car as original as possible so I am not keen on either of those options.

Can anyone suggest how I can make the light work the way it was intended? I think the light is intended to come on for a while and then go out (4 seconds or so).

I appreciate any help you can give.

Cheers
Brian

Is there a sensor that satisfies the circuit to turn off the light and buzzer?? Sounds like a sensor bad to me. Looked at the wiring diagram?

Is there a sensor that satisfies the circuit to turn off the light and buzzer?? Sounds like a sensor bad to me. Looked at the wiring diagram?
:confused
I have gone throught the wiring diagram, the light is fed from the buzzer (at least I think so, I'm not much of an auto electrician). The only sensor involved is the one on the lap belt latch (buckle?) which appears to be working. looks like I might have to take the car to an someone who knows what they are doing, I was justhoping there was an easy solution.
:beer

I'm thinking there are two sensors; driver's and passenger's. Correct? My '74 had two.

:)

My 76 has driver side only, circuit goes thru the seat belt buckling up to satisfy the light and buzzer.

Yeh, they dropped most of the seatbelt interlock sensors late in the 75 run. I think I'll pull the buzzer and check what impact that has on the light. My guess is that the buzzer in late 75 had a circuit built into it that would break the fee to the light after it had warmed up, justa guess.. thanks heaps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom