Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat belts again...sorry

V

vipergts

Hi I have a 66 vert and I have found a set of seat belt in the rear compartment.

Could anyone tell me where the shoulder strap mounts in the rear since my car has had new carpet fitted and I can see no holes.

Thanks very much

This should help.

seatbracket2.jpg

headrestB.jpg

I have now converted to three-point belts with retractors and used the same/stock mounting points.

trheepoint004.jpg

seatbelt003.jpg

Paul, your interior is absolutely stunning! Are the seats leather or vinyl?

SAVE THE :w

You know, it's just bloody irritating when you take the time to respond to a question and make time to take, and post pics, with no reply. It is just common courtesy to follow-up. Whatever....No wonder this Forum area is so quiet.

You know, it's just bloody irritating when you take the time to respond to a question and make time to take, and post pics, with no reply. It is just common courtesy to follow-up. Whatever....No wonder this Forum area is so quiet.

Paul,

Seeing as the original poster resides in the UK, and is several hours ahead of us, and it's only been since yesterday, how about cutting him some slack?

And this area is quiet because most of us are either working on projects or driving all over Hell's Half Acre in this beautiful weather.

Paul,
FWIW, although CAC may a bit 'quieter' that some other forums, I find the overall attitude here to be much more civil and focused. Far fewer diversions into political nonsense and personality bashing, which really doesn't belong on a forum devoted to our mutual hobby. It's far more important to focus on our common bond rather than whatever differences we may have in other areas of our lives. I always post here first when I have a question then resort to the 'other' forum only if I have to. I for one, greatly appreciate the time and energy that you and other members put into responding to inquiries. I have learned a great deal from these posts. As my knowledge base increases, I hope to repay the favor. And BTW, your interior (and entire car, for that matter) is spectacular!
Regards!
Jeff

Yes indeed......Sorry and thanks Paul and Thanks 67heaven.

I always make it a point to respond to info received on forums and due to time and work I have not had the chance........So sorry once again, your help and photos are much appreciated.

I have assertained that my 66 does not have the captive nut for the 3rd point so I am ordering the full kit from Ecklers and be done with it. I am sure that I've seen a post here somewhere where a member has done this with success.

Thanks once again and I know I'm gonna be back. I've just got my hands on the car having bought it Feb 2006. It's had a lot of work mechanically but needs fettling and finishing.

My words were too harsh for which I apologize. I am semi-retired and forget at times that people do not have as much free time on their hands as I do.

That rear seat belt bracket appeared some time during the 1966 production run so your car must have been produced prior to that date. The three-point belts seen in my pic are from Eckler's and fit nicely. Be aware that the guides at the top of the seats come in a cadmium finish. I had mine chromed but I would imagine powdercoating would look very nice as well. I can't see painting them because of constant belt rub. I also chose to remove the generic chrome buckles and replace them with GM Mark of Excellence so they would fit in the buckle holders on the side of the console. The generic buckles do not.

I would ask you not to follow the Eckler's installation instructions. Beyond the spelling errors and poor illustrations there is a fundamental flaw unless an abridged version has been produced. If you mount the body retractor bracket as advised then you will not be able to lower your convertible top!! This did not affect me as I used the GM location and I have a coupe. But I have corresponded with others who have run into this problem and now have four holes in the body instead of two. If you contact me when you get around to the job I can put you in touch with those who did a work-around. This Board does not permit me to give you a direct link.

seatbelts007.jpg

Thanks for your advice Paul

Advice like this is critical and makes forums like this invaluable.

I'll let you know how I get on.

rgds
Lee

Lee,
Just e-mail me when you receive the goods. If you do a non-invasive placement of the retractors according to Eckler's instructions prior to drilling (have a friend hold things in place) and try to put the top down you will see what the problem is.

I might just get a Sting Ray expert to fit them and warn them of your findings.

Cheers Paul

lee

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom