Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat covers for seats with head rest

69_coupe

The seats in my 69' coupe have adjustable head rests, I can only find covers for seats without head rest. Is there anybody who knows where to by the "two piece" seat covers (see pict).

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

My old covers are in good condition except for a failed attempt to change the color from tan to black, it might be possible to rub it down and try again?

I bought mine from Wilcox. I've seen them advertised in many other catalogs like Doc Rebuild,Corvette America.

69_coupe said:
The seats in my 69' coupe have adjustable head rests, I can only find covers for seats without head rest. Is there anybody who knows where to by the "two piece" seat covers (see pict).

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

My old covers are in good condition except for a failed attempt to change the color from tan to black, it might be possible to rub it down and try again?

To my knowledge there is no "2 piece" seatcovers. What you need to do is replace the covers ( Seat & Back) and then carefully cut the holes needed for the headrest, side brackets, shoulder horness clip and so on. If you do this yourself, take plenty of pictures gefore you begin as a reference during the replace. I did mine last year, with good results, and not ever attepting anything like that before. It took abount 2 nights and they came out very nice.

I have two 69 vettes, one coupe and one convertible, to my knowledge both have original seats.
28166.jpg

The convertible have seats without headrests similar to the right seat on the picture from Ecklers catalog, the seatback is 28" high. The coupe have headrests, and look more like the left one, the seatback is 23,5" high. In both Ecklers and Corvette Americas catalog there is only one part#, differs only with color. Covers for the headrest is sold separate.
28159.jpg

I've tried to mail both companies, neither of them have replied.

The seat you are showing on the right looks to be from a 70-72 seat. The seat on the left is from a 68. In 69 the seats looked like the 68 seat but had a mandatory option of a headrest.

I agree with silver 69--both posts. The seat covers are not cut out for the head rests. You have to do it. Not a big thing, you can feel through the seat cover where to cut. I think I would try the dye thing again if the covers are in good shape.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom