Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seats for a C3

LIRacer

Corvette
65 with ZZ502
ANyobe have any experience with a swap from the standard seat to a Raccaro or C4/c5 SEAT. I am looking for a bolt in replacement.

Bruce

Corbeau

Just a thought, but you might want to check out the Corbeau A4. It will fit with brackets that they sell. I think this is the seat I am going to get. The Sparco Milano will also fit, but they are more than twice the price of the A4. They sure look great though!

I have not done this personally, but from what I understand from those who have swapped in C4 seats, it's really not that big a deal. They way it was explained is as follows:
"Fitting manual C4 seats in a C3 is easy. You have to use C3 tracks. They sit a little higher than C3 seats, but not much. Power seats would end up very high and you would hit your head on the T-top. "
"As for making the tracks, it is easy. You take the top part of the manual C4 tracks (a U-shaped piece with the nut welded on it), and weld it to the C3 track. Then the C4 seat just bolts to the C3 track. Done."

Pics

hi right now i ihave 79 seats in my 74. they are nice but the foam is poor and the cover don't fit properly.
i thought about a corbeau seat but most racing seats don't fold ,making access to rear compartment difficult.
i did find some rebuildable c-4 seats on e-bay and after reading this i may have to start bidding..:upthumbs

Are the C4 seats that much better than the C3 seats, to justify the swap?

Joe

C4 seats are AWESOME!

On our 24 plus hours of riding in the 69 to and from Bowling Green, Nikki made several comments about how comfortable it was in the car.

It takes a little creativity to fit them in, and more time than money.

Thanks to my Posse Bro....Black Thunder, I am riding in 94 Vette comfort.

robin74 said:
hi right now i ihave 79 seats in my 74. they are nice but the foam is poor and the cover don't fit properly.
i thought about a corbeau seat but most racing seats don't fold ,making access to rear compartment difficult.
i did find some rebuildable c-4 seats on e-bay and after reading this i may have to start bidding..:upthumbs

Both the Corbeau A4 and the Sparco Milano are fully-adjustible and folding. I looked at possibly doing a set of C4 seats, but I thought the cost was going to be more than the Corbeau's. Maybe not! I know you can get custom leather covers from Ecklers. They will do any C3 factory color over the C4 cushion for a nominal fee. Good luck whatever you decide!

Bryan

The Corbeau seats seem to be the easiest as they are selling brackets made specifically for each year. And $800 a pair isn't bad.

Your most welcome brother man. Even if in the end it cost to much they look sharp in that bad ride of yours!

Nice to hear the tush holders are working out :Buttslap ;LOL

Chris, exactly what seats do you have in "killer"?

M&W's72vette said:
Chris, exactly what seats do you have in "killer"?

94 base model Vette seats recovered with new skins from Mid America. I went for vinyl instead of leather for expense and long time wear and tear with a convertible exposed to so much sun, and moisture.

What about C5 seats?

Anyone know if the C5 manual seats will fit into the C3? I found a set that might look pretty cool!

Bryan

Chris, are they power seats? Do you have any pics of them installed?

Re: What about C5 seats?

Last Ride said:
Anyone know if the C5 manual seats will fit into the C3? I found a set that might look pretty cool!

Bryan

Yes, they will fit, I talked to a guy in Bowling Green who had installed 99 C5 seats in his 76. He promised to email me the instructions of how its done. As soon as I hear from him I will let you guys know.

I'm using Sparco Milano's, which a bit on a pricey side, but I fell in love with the seats the first time I saw them and I just had to have them. They are VERY close fit and will require a custom made brackets, I have all the details about the swap documented and will have the details up on my web page soon.

Re: Re: What about C5 seats?

groovyjay said:
Yes, they will fit, I talked to a guy in Bowling Green who had installed 99 C5 seats in his 76. He promised to email me the instructions of how its done. As soon as I hear from him I will let you guys know.

I'm using Sparco Milano's, which a bit on a pricey side, but I fell in love with the seats the first time I saw them and I just had to have them. They are VERY close fit and will require a custom made brackets, I have all the details about the swap documented and will have the details up on my web page soon.

Great! I would be interested in seeing the C5 seat setup. I looked at the Milanos after I saw your website, and I must say they look awesome!

Bryan

c-3 seats

goovyjay , could you also forward that email on the seat conversion. i'd like to see that too

thanks

robin

Chris...94 seats

I am real interested in how well those 94 seats fit in your car. I really like the 94-96 series and would consider them if they don't cost me any leg room. I am 6'1" and with the seat all the way back I fit perfectly. So, how well do they fit the car? Did you loose leg room or head room? I can fab up any brackets I need so that is not a problem.

Thanks
Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom