Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Security Light Stays On

Jeb

Corvette
1987 Convertable
i just replaced the amp relay in my '87 Vert and all went well with the radio but now the SECURITY light stays on. The alarm arms and works as designed but the light just stays on all the time. During the job of replacing that godforsaken relay, we blew the RADIO fuse on the right of the panel. The THEFT fuse in the dash itself is good, checked with a meter.

Right now, I have pulled the bulb to save the battery (yes, it stays on even when the key is off) so there isn't any big hurry since I don't use the alarm anyway. I'd rather they open the door than cut the top anyway.

I will be selling the car in December so I'd like to have stuff like this out of the way by then. TIA

The Theft Deterrent Module is what drives the Security bulb by providing a ground path for
the bulb.

The module requires 2 power souces.
12 volts from the Horn fuse 10 amp fuse located in the the auxilary fuse block. (Hot all the tiime).
12 volts from thr RDO 10 amp fuse. (Hot in Accessories and Run).

If the fuses are good the circuit that drives the Security liight internal to the Theft Deterrent Module must have been damaged during your troubleshooting. :hb

You couild try disconnecting and reconnecting the negative battery cable and see if that
resets the module.

Vats delete

i just replaced the amp relay in my '87 Vert and all went well with the radio but now the SECURITY light stays on. The alarm arms and works as designed but the light just stays on all the time. During the job of replacing that godforsaken relay, we blew the RADIO fuse on the right of the panel. The THEFT fuse in the dash itself is good, checked with a meter.

Right now, I have pulled the bulb to save the battery (yes, it stays on even when the key is off) so there isn't any big hurry since I don't use the alarm anyway. I'd rather they open the door than cut the top anyway.

I will be selling the car in December so I'd like to have stuff like this out of the way by then. TIA

Hey man, I burn custom chips on the side. I can burn you a hi-performance chip and delete the VATS entirely out of it. No additional cost. Price is $50 shipped.

The Theft Deterrent Module is what drives the Security bulb by providing a ground path for
the bulb.

The module requires 2 power souces.
12 volts from the Horn fuse 10 amp fuse located in the the auxilary fuse block. (Hot all the tiime).
12 volts from thr RDO 10 amp fuse. (Hot in Accessories and Run).

If the fuses are good the circuit that drives the Security liight internal to the Theft Deterrent Module must have been damaged during your troubleshooting. :hb

You couild try disconnecting and reconnecting the negative battery cable and see if that
resets the module.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking also since the security system still works. I am going to do some more digging and I'll find the problem sooner or later.

chip

Hi what kind performance will enhance my 88 vette?
:happyanim:

what kind performance will enhance my 88 vette?
Unless you have engine mods a " custom ": tune will do little for performance.

You can however get many things adjusted ;
change the temp the fans runs at ,
change when the convertor locks up
delete EGR and VATS if you wish.
Any operating parameter can be adjusted

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom