Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

serpentine belt

heimo huima

Corvette
1990 #33 twin turbo
Anyone know the correct lenght for the serpentine belt?
Would like to get the correct one before I tackle removing the
old one.

Heimo,

It is not a stock size belt. They are a custom length because of the turbo oil pump pulley and need to be ordered through Callaway. As callaway4fun mentioned, they have them in stock. You can even order online.

Regards,

-Luigi
:cool

Does anyone know is it absolutly custom made or just standard non corvette length belt? Reason for asking is because I live in northern europe and just ordering a belt across the ocean seems quite stupid compered to just walking in a parts store here to get the right lenght belt.

Callaway is also in Germany they may even have them there
Does anyone know is it absolutly custom made or just standard non corvette length belt? Reason for asking is because I live in northern europe and just ordering a belt across the ocean seems quite stupid compered to just walking in a parts store here to get the right lenght belt.

While I agree that the best thing to do is contact Callaway Cars for the belt, if that is not practical and you need one right now, simply take it off and take it to the auto parts store. They should have a tool to measure the length and then match up how many ribs it has, getting you the right one.

Again, I will always buy first from Callaway Cars if possible, but in a pinch, the above may work :beer

I would say, call Callaway (Germany) and ask for the belt number and brand. And then try to get it at a place near yours. :)

Groeten Peter

It is a custom belt. I tried two from the local autoparts store. One was too short, the other was too long.

Buy from Callaway for an exact fit. :beer

Thanks for the help and info. :beer
I did order the belt from Callaway.
Hopefully it`s on time because in 12th of june
going for 2000miles roadtrip to le mans 24h race, nurburing, hockenheim
with TT. :upthumbs

Nice to hear!
There're a lot dutch Corvettefans at Le Mans, very friendly people and friends of mine, you're always welcome for a drink! Ashame that I'm not going. Good luck :)

Groeten Peter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom