Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Service Active Handling

Rocky Rhodes

Corvette
2003 C5 convertable 50 year anniversary edition
I'm getting the "Service active handling " readout and the active handling will engage when it does not need to. I can be going slowly and put on my breaks and it will engage for no reason. I ran the codes and got a C1287 steering position sensor circuit malfunction. I kinda researched the repair to replace this sensor and it looks rather extensive. You have to pull the entire steering column and about half the dash. Has any one had to pay for this repair and how much did it run you ?

Repair for Service Active Handling Potentially Cheap and Easy

I'm getting the "Service active handling " readout and the active handling will engage when it does not need to. I can be going slowly and put on my brakes and it will engage for no reason. I ran the codes and got a C1287 steering position sensor circuit malfunction. I kinda researched the repair to replace this sensor and it looks rather extensive. You have to pull the entire steering column and about half the dash. Has any one had to pay for this repair and how much did it run you ?

I had this problem in 2005 on my 2001 (DIC code C1288 in my case) and the repair was a very simple software update to the ABS module that was contained in TSB #01-05-25-004 I was charged $90 by the dealer and have not had a repeat of the problem since then.

Note: I see your Trouble Code is different and I'm also not sure if the TSB applies to your 2003 vs my 2001.

Well, first off , I'd like to welcome you to CAC, Rocky. :w I think you'll find quite a few very knowledgeable people who can answer your question. Hopefully there is an "easy" button to push in this case. :thumb

I had the same problem with my 2002 coupe. Turned out to be the EBCM - electronic brake control module. Took the coupe to Corvette Center south of Colorado Springs and Rik Noring pulled the EBCM, sent it out for a re-build, and re-installed it two weeks later. Fixed the problem. Cheaper than purchasing a new one, if they are available. Corvette Center, 1-800-757-VETT, e-mail
rik@corvettecenterusa.com Web Site Corvette Center of Colorado Springs

Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom