Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: service LTPWS

I have a built-in sensor in my right toe that checks mine, never fails or any light that stays on.

My "Service LTPVS light" is still on. Since we do not have Corvette dealer in Croatia, It is difficult to check if dealer can cancel LTPWS. I am still driving with LTPVS light on. I do not think this light will influence car performance.

Man this is painful guys.

1) You can not program out the LTPWS, it's not on the prom, and the Tech1 is not able to do it.
2) The system is a POS
3) Early cars can remove all the sensors and not have the service light on
4) Later cars you can pull the sensors, but the light will come on. You can defeat by pulling the fuse (which kills cruise control as well) or just by pulling the DIC out and removing the bulb.

My "Service LTPVS light" is still on. Since we do not have Corvette dealer in Croatia, It is difficult to check if dealer can cancel LTPWS. I am still driving with LTPVS light on. I do not think this light will influence car performance.

Removal of LTPWS Bulb
[SIZE=-1]by Ed

Q: I've removed my wheel sensors. How do I disable the LTPWS warning light?

A: Easiest method is to just remove the bulb. First, lift the compartment lid and lift the front "tabs" of felt to get access to the shifter plate bolts (7mm). Under the ashtray is another 7mm bolt.

With those out, raise the shifter plate and slide it back for access to the radio plate. pull the two phillips head screws from the center air vent and remove it. There are two 7mms at the bottom of the radio bezel, and one under the a/c vent you just removed.

Remove the 7mms and pull straight out on the radio plate, it will disengage a couple of clips, and you're free.

Remove the 7mm screws holding the DIC in place, pull it straight out. The LTPWS wires are separate bulb holders, easy to spot. The main wiring to the DIC is a flat connector that stays in the dash.

Installation is reverse of removal.

Courtesy of Ed. Grand Sports Tech Tips.

Hope this helps?
[/SIZE]

Ed does this same procedure work on a 1991 if so I know what Sunday afternoons project is..LOL... Ihave at least 1 bad sensor no doubt when previous owner of only a couple of weeks ago had crap tires mounted so he could sell it with good tires..What is a Remington tire?? yikes... LOL well they have lots of tread but the word good does not fit... They hold air and keep the rim from touching the ground..LOL.. If so does this also get me to the point of radio removal as My Delco/Bose needs to get some service.. and given a choice rather keep it original even if something a bit better might be had.. You reach a point when it is a car with a Corvette body but something else the more you change.. I have no problem adding some engine as what heck it is a Corvette so no harm there making it faster all part of the marque :D but the rest is all part of what you bought. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Dave

Ed does this same procedure work on a 1991 if so I know what Sunday afternoons project is..LOL... Ihave at least 1 bad sensor no doubt when previous owner of only a couple of weeks ago had crap tires mounted so he could sell it with good tires..What is a Remington tire?? yikes... LOL well they have lots of tread but the word good does not fit... They hold air and keep the rim from touching the ground..LOL.. If so does this also get me to the point of radio removal as My Delco/Bose needs to get some service.. and given a choice rather keep it original even if something a bit better might be had.. You reach a point when it is a car with a Corvette body but something else the more you change.. I have no problem adding some engine as what heck it is a Corvette so no harm there making it faster all part of the marque :D but the rest is all part of what you bought. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Dave

Ed gave you some great info on removing the bulb. I personally remove the console lid first(4 screws) to access the 7 mm bolt beneath it. Even tho I have a vert, there is an activator button for the coupe hatch that attaches to the shifter trim; handle this with care. Then I remove the rest of the 7 mm bolts, carefully slide the shifter trim piece to one side while it is still attached to the shift boot (removing the cigarette lighter lead helps). I do it this way so I don't break the front tabs. Then after removing the heat/AC vent deflector (torx screws) above the DIC, I remove the upright trim piece by removing the bolts and sliding it out of the dash. The Bose is held in with three screws. Remove these, gently slide the unit out (a towel on the console plate is advised to prevent scratching) and unplug the two electrical leads. Send the unit to Dr. Don's in Huntsville. I expect mine back this week - sent it in to have the CD player upgraded to play computer generated CDRs. Don called me two days before Thanksgiving to let me know it had arrived, and to let me know when to expect the rejuvenated unit. First class operaion. BTW, his web site has a schematic of the radio removal procedure if you need to see the steps. I don't beleive that the FSM has the schematic; I searched for it.

This thread is getting quite long, but not as long as Toms94 last fall. He could write a book with the material. I believe I read every post and wished I could help him out.
Barrett

Disable it...

My 89 had them until some idiot tire changer damaged one, so then the light started ...so I removed then all and placed them in the basement, have not had a light come on since then...if they are not there the receiver will not pick them up... but all have to be removed to have this work...puppyfang

My 89 had them until some idiot tire changer damaged one, so then the light started ...so I removed then all and placed them in the basement, have not had a light come on since then...if they are not there the receiver will not pick them up... but all have to be removed to have this work...puppyfang

Broad statement that is not true for all applications.

Thanks for your reply.
In our case the light goes on after 5-10 min. of driving, and stays on until engine stops.
Maybe sistem is losing contact with one of the sensors?
It is normal for the LPTWS light to stay off during the first 5 minutes or so until the tires get up to speed and temp. If after 5 minutes the light comes on it indicates that one or more of the sensors in inop. In my case, I had a tire stem replaced and the tire shop crashed the sensor during the fix. I had to replace the sensor. If you have had one or more tires serviced lately, check that tire for the problem.

It is prettry easy to pull the codes as to what sensor is bad.. I have three of a 91 which is the early system that are good or at least do not throw a code. The left front is dead the rest fine. I would love to sell either 1 or all of them for anything that borders on realistic..
Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom