Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Several questions

mgdim

My front blinker on my 05 went out, is this difficult to fix yourself?

I took my ride in to the dealer last year for the sqeaking top because I heard there was a TSB and they charged me for their work? Several months later and it squeaks again!

I originally got the 6 disc changer, can I switch to a Nav system now?

Thanks

Changing the turn signal light is not that difficult. The biggest problem is getting to the light. There is a rubber sheet in the wheel well that will allow you access to the headlight module. Just turn your wheels all the way to one side so that you have some clearance, remove the anchors in the rubber piece and swap out your bulb.

As for your roof noise, check out this thread: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94354 A lot of people around here have had the same issue. The E-clip mentioned on page 3 is what solved the problem for me.

As for the upgrade to the DVD navigation, there is always the aftermarket route. I do not know if you can upgrade to the factory nav uint.

:thumb Jason

Thank you

I bought the e-clips and will install now
Looks like there are some Nav systems for sale on EBay that come with the GPS antenna. I will investigate further at Carlisle!

If you're going to install a NAV unit, you might as well get one with a "reverse camera" input as well.

I have seen 2008 head units that have voice acvtivation for sale but don't know if you can retrofit. I will not put anything but a OEM unit in.

I have seen 2008 head units that have voice acvtivation for sale but don't know if you can retrofit. I will not put anything but a OEM unit in.
Please try out the OEM before you go into this expense. Some people don't like the OEM unit as it has shortfalls (ie. no bluetooth/ipod jacks.) Don't forget the factory NAV unit works with the HUD, so you'll need that as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom