Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

shark fest ????

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
I was just curious, I want to put away some bucks for the next shark fest, off hand what would it cost for say a week out there for two, I think when it comes around again I might just ddrive the vette out there and maybe show it ...... chris congrats on the show.

I think the hotel was about $70 a night. We spend $375 bording the dogs for that week, and food was easily $30-$60 a day depending on where we ate.

Gas was a killer as our truck got as low as 8 mpg at times hauling the car in the heat.

The NCM had entry fees for certain parts of the week for about $200 total there (banquet etc).

Plus, we spent some bucks in prep for the week on the truck, a shade tent, travel food/water/drinks, etc.

We are considering a CAC get together maybe next year. It won't be a "Sharkfest" at the next Labor Day NCM get together.

I don't know when they will do that again.

Hope that gives you some idea of what to consider.

Thanks,

Chris

chris

thanks for the info, I would definately be interested in this cac get together that sounds like alot of fun, why did you just drive your vette up to the sharkfest ? .....

$$$

topless82vette - just ran a few figures from the trip to Bowling Green from Yosemite. (4,916.1 miles)
266.16 gallons of gas - $438.71 - average 18+mpg Count on needing rooms for at least 3 nights going and 3 for the return...plus 3 or 4 nights in BG. $600-$750 for the 10 nights will be close.
The registration, I believe, was around $100-$125 per person.
Now add on meals for 2, and a bit of "shopping"... and if you set aside $2000, you should have a bit left over when you hit home.
Hope this helps you out.
If you've never been, you gotta do it.

:CAC rules !!! :w

Jeff,
You forgot to add 2 blenders and a case of Mudslides:beer

Mike

And the blenders have to be 6 speeds with pulse. Basic registration without the extra dinners ect was $40. After reading this thread I'm glad I was only 6.5 hours away. One tank of gas (13 gal.) each way in the Vibe. The Corvette will come along next time I promise.

I blew Ken's doors off on I-65 just south of Elizebethtown on the way home. He never knew what hit him. Lucky for me the '87 Z51 was in the trailer. :D

optional equipment ??

Holy geez :SLAP ... how could I forget about the 6-speed...with pulse blenders. Just may have to be standard equipment now.
And taking a quick inventory in the garage, I have 3 in the cabinet !! - That's why I didn't care to haul those 2 back to the casa. :drink = :nono
Ah yes...ta-kill-ya, wodka, margarita mix, mudslides....there better be some nutritional hiding in there somewhere, eh ? :J :beer :J

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!!!

I promise you won't regret it at all !

Trent81

Dawg,

I think I read somewhere where the C6 will have 6 speeds with pulse. The pulse is used for racing Rustangs.

:D

a keen eye for juice

Dawg can sniff for an electrical plug better than anyone...lol..it is a critical ingridient for that 6-speed with pulse concoction machine.

GerryLP :drink

Hmmmmmmm...

O.K. Gerry, I've got it now. BG is no longer Bowling Green :nono ... it's Blender Games !! :BOW :drink

Met up with Trent before we (Rare81 aka Yoda aka Bud) and I left and gave him your card.

...and next time I'm bringin the 10-speed Osterizer !!!

:J :drink :drink :drink :J

originally posted by BlackDog"and next time I'm bringin the 10-speed Osterizer !!!

Oh my lord. Can't ya just feel the love:drink :drink :drink :crazy

Carlo

Dang it, Tom ... I thought we had an original !! :cry But I guess the C6 can borrow from our technology. :L

Gerry - had there been no 110 poolside, the backup plan called for 300 feet of extension cords. :D :D :D ... but the DawG sniffed it out alright. ArF-aRf = :drink :drink :drink

....and :puke = :nono

Carlo, you are the Main Man :BOW :BOW :BOW

Trent is right

Have to agree with Trent....save your money for Carlisle or Bloomington!!!! It should have been called Sharkless Fest. If not for the good people of CAC and the tour of the plant, I would not have been there the FULL 24 hours that I did stay.

It was great to meet all the CAC people.....the highlight of the whole trip!!!

Louie

It was nice to meet you too Louie. Hope to see you again at a future event.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom