Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

shelves/cabinets info needed

grumpyvette

Ok , I just passed , my electrical permits/inspections ETC. and I need info on quality shelves/cabinets that are at least semi-reasonably priced. as ILL be purchasing ALOT of them for the new garage/shop
the shelves must be the industrial type 3 shelf design with the metal verticals that allow the shelves to be adjusted easily (the hook/slot type) that hold a MINIMUM of 1000LBS per shelf I bought the last set at HOME DEPOT but they no longer sell industrial quality shelving that IVE been able to find.
cabinets
HOME DEPOT sells some nice (HUSKY BRAND) garage cabinets but they are WAY WAY OVER PRICED at $1000 for each 10 feet of wall
LINKS,AND WELL THOUGHT THRU SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME GUYS, I want this shop to look great and be functional but I don,t want to spend anouther $10K to do it

well ID prefer a 24" depth
a 96" width
and a 72" height but anything close would be considered

and yeah I store multiple BLOCKS and heads and cranks ETC. off the floor

I have a friend who bought some industrial shelving from Home Depot - the actual stuff HD used and was replacing when they remodeled his nearby store. Also, keep an eye out for a garage or service area closing or remodeling for cabinets - even a Sam's/Costco type warehouse moving or closing; sometimes you can get a ton of stuff rather cheap. You know, the right place at the right time; patience, etc...

Another good spot to check is government auctions. In many cases, when government agencies move, they'll install new shelves in the new place and then move inventory over and send the old stuff to auction.

-Mac

Look for a manufacturing company closing and having auction. Most places that work with sheet metal will have lots of shelfs to store parts.We get flyers at work all the time.

Glenn
:w

Hey Junk, I wish I lived closer I'd help you build what you need.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom