Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

She's leaving me for awhile...

B

BBB454

Guest
Look what I just got to see

She's finally not naked anymore!

Barb :w
 

Red73BB

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
241
Location
Defiance, MO
Corvette
1969 dark red convert
Barb, She's look'n sweet. :cool I bet you can't wait to get her back on the road :)
Gary
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2001
Messages
2,231
Location
Northern Virginia
Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
Re: Decision is final

BBB454 said:
...I'm keeping her the original color. I can't find any other blue I like more for a chrome-bumper shark....Barb :w

I'm so proud of you Barb:D! By the way, she looks good even without the chrome.:upthumbs

- Eric :w
 
B

BBB454

Guest
Thanks everyone!

I forgot to mention that those pictures were a couple days after it got painted, before it was wet-sanded and buffed out. I talked to them a couple days ago and they were just finishing the buffing and said it looks even better now (hard to believe!).

I also forgot to tell 72BB that I saw his baby while I was there a month or so ago, and he has a very sweet ride too! I wish my interior was in as good shape as his is...

I'm sooooo excited I can hardly stand it!! :J :dance

Barb :w
 
7

72BB

Guest
Re: Thanks everyone!

BBB454 said:
I forgot to mention that those pictures were a couple days after it got painted, before it was wet-sanded and buffed out. I talked to them a couple days ago and they were just finishing the buffing and said it looks even better now (hard to believe!).

I also forgot to tell 72BB that I saw his baby while I was there a month or so ago, and he has a very sweet ride too! I wish my interior was in as good shape as his is...

I'm sooooo excited I can hardly stand it!! :J :dance

Barb :w

Thanks - the interior has been this winter's project, and it has certainly been one of those "while your at it" projects ... started with replacing the tach cable. I plan to replace carpet and refurbish the seat / shoulder belts NEXT winter. Maybe a new paint job the year after - probably back to original way bonnet yellow.

Your Vette is coming along nicely ... I'm impressed with how original it is ... I'm glad your choose the original color too.

Hope to meet you some time ...
 
Joined
Aug 29, 2001
Messages
3,239
Location
Norcross, Georgia, United Stat
Corvette
2017 Arctic White Grand Sport
72BB,

Isn't it funny how these projects escalate. My initial project to install a radio ended up being a replacement of the upper and left dash pad, redye of the remaining dash panels and windshield pieces, a new center console, rebuild of the tach, clock and radio and working with, I would like to say fix but I'm not so sure, of the vacuum control of the heater controls and headlights.

Once I get the steering wheel redone and the horn rebuilt, the dash will be done and I will be off the to the rest of the interior for next winter's project.

Bob
 
B

BBB454

Guest
Re: Re: Thanks everyone!

72BB said:
Hope to meet you some time ...

I might be going to visit her on Saturday if they get the chrome installed by then... I'm really anxious to see the fresh (replated) chrome bumpers against that shiny new blue :eyerole.

It must be a hard decision whether to keep yours red or go back to yellow... There's a yellow chrome-bumper (I think it's a 71 also) around here and the yellow with chrome looks really nice too!

How often do you get over their shop? Maybe we could coordinate some Saturday...

Barb :w
 
P

Piet

Guest
Congrats

The paint looks Very Nice!

'bet you can't wait to give a cruise.... Congrat's!
 
7

72BB

Guest
Re: Re: Re: Thanks everyone!

BBB454 said:


I might be going to visit her on Saturday if they get the chrome installed by then... I'm really anxious to see the fresh (replated) chrome bumpers against that shiny new blue :eyerole.

It must be a hard decision whether to keep yours red or go back to yellow... There's a yellow chrome-bumper (I think it's a 71 also) around here and the yellow with chrome looks really nice too!

How often do you get over their shop? Maybe we could coordinate some Saturday...

Barb :w

Millie Miglia Red vs. War Bonnet Yellow ... decisions, decisions ...
I get down there every once in awhile.
Hey are you awhere of / interested in joining the Stars and Stripes Tour this June? Your Vette should be in great shape by then and this should be a wonderful thing ... check it out at


http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=268528
http://www.grammonline.com/starsandstripes/

I'm doing the drive from Madison to Gurnee
 
7

72BB

Guest
B

BBB454

Guest
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks everyone!

72BB said:


Millie Miglia Red vs. War Bonnet Yellow ... decisions, decisions ...
I get down there every once in awhile.
Hey are you awhere of / interested in joining the Stars and Stripes Tour this June? Your Vette should be in great shape by then and this should be a wonderful thing ... check it out at


http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=268528
http://www.grammonline.com/starsandstripes/

I'm doing the drive from Madison to Gurnee

That does sound cool! I'll have to keep that in mind once I get her back and see how she's driving...

Barb :w
 
B

BBB454

Guest
Re: Re: Decision is final

71Shark said:


I'm so proud of you Barb:D! By the way, she looks good even without the chrome.:upthumbs

- Eric :w

Thanks, Eric, but now check her out WITH the chrome...

I might have her back this weekend, they're just waiting for a few pieces that are still on order to finish putting her back together.

(BTW, I'm really glad I had the chrome redone too. Even though it wasn't terrible before, it would have looked really bad against the new paint job.)
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2001
Messages
2,231
Location
Northern Virginia
Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
Schweeeet!

She's beginning to look like the first one that got away from me when I was shopping for mine. It was a Targa Blue '72 but looked pretty dang close to yours.

- Eric
 
C

cmegga

Guest
looks great .. I wish I had bigger pockets right now !!
 
B

BBB454

Guest
cmegga said:
looks great .. I wish I had bigger pockets right now !!

Me too!! :L I've been saving for over 4 years for this paint job, but with all the little extra things that came up, I'm going to wind up putting the final chunk of $$ on my VISA.

Oh well, it'll be wayyyy worth it!! :D

I'm glad you all think it's as good of a color as I do, thanks!

Barb :w
 

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Top Bottom