Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shift kit

R

resto75

I have a shift kit in my 94 and it shifts firm from 1st to 2nd gear and you will notice when it shifts. The higher gears the shift is not so noticeable and are softer in the shift. I haven't noticed a shift problem in the rain if you drive carefully and slowly as you should in the rain. I have 315 tires on the rear so that might help with traction however.

What are you asking about? are you saying that the 1-2 shift feels nice and hard and the 2-3 and 3-4 shift are soft all the time?

What kind of shift kit is in it?

I dunno why I posted this. I was answering someones question on another post I believe. I must of been tired or something.

But yeah that was what I was trying to say. Hard shifts on 1 to 2 and then softer, if your accelerating normal. Think its a transgo kit or something like that.

Roy

it's probably normal TransGO has always tried to link throttle to shift firmness.. less your into the trottle nice smooth shifts hard into the throttle firm hard shifts..

Whatta you think?

Do you like the TransGo?

I agree about the throttle/shift firmness idea. Makes sense.
This has been covered recently in Vette mag and
here too. I have thouhjt it would be a great upgrade, but have
yet to get any real thoughts from an owner or installer.

RS

p.s. I know that this was from a spliced topic,
but what the heck. :D

oops...

Meant to say,
ASE Master Certified, A/C Delco Trained, Service Technician
instead of installer.

I meant no dissrespect.

RS again

Re: oops...

RS84Syr said:
Meant to say,
ASE Master Certified, A/C Delco Trained, Service Technician
instead of installer.

I meant no dissrespect.

RS again

No Prob. it's just a title.. I am not an automotive god by no means... I just have real life experiance or what I am trying to say is that I have experiance not just on corvettes..
anyhow I havn't gotten to try the trans go kit yet my trans is still on the bench.. I can say that it's a pretty envolved kit though unlike the TCI one I installed (which I made a mistake on too.. ) I bought the prefessional TransGo kit which I don't know the whole differance but I think the regular consumer kit has a video.. i think from the way it looks like it is a very good kit though... it will be hard to judge how well the trans go it's self makes a differance in the cars shifting for me becuase i am also installing some high friction, friction plates and a kevlar racing band.. I'm kinda worried it will be too harsh but I can always mess with the shift kit and some other things as well.. but yea read my Postings on my thread about my trans it's a slow going thing because I work full time, goto school full time, and am low on cash because work is slow.. if my shop doesn't make money I don't make money basically... I really need to find a nice GM dealer to work for..

oh yea btw this is the first live trans I have rebuilt... it's kinda intimidating at first.. but trans building is not that complicated..

-Rick

BTW here is the link to my thread titled "if it's not one thing it's another" I'll keep you posted on how it all works out..
My Thread

Re: Good thread...

RS84Syr said:
Good luck with your tranny.
Ya got kahoonas.

RS

Yea Either that or I'm stupid.. LoL no I just really wanted to build a trans so I could learn more then what the class I took at my college taught me.. they didn't even get into electronic valve bodies I actually took it twice the first teacher touched a little on selonoids and stuff.. but he was not supposed to because the cirriculum was setup so that you did not need an electronics course to take the trans class..

BTW thanks for the words of encouragement.. I just hope it works out for me.. if not I'll be pulling it out again until it works or until I get so frustrated I just have it done at the trans shop but I think I'll probably get it.. It's funny too how I'm the only one at my Shop that even wants to know whats inside a auto trans, we just sub-out our trans jobs to a trans shop..

Oh yea you know what I think is cool too about all this.. At the age of 20 I already was ASE Master certified and owned my corvette. I'm 21 now.. so I'm still young anyway I said enough for now..
-Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom