Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

shifters for c5's

billyz06-2003

Corvette
2009 callaway crystal red coupe, 1995 pace car
i have a 2003 z06, have heard good and bad about shifters for my model. has any body used certain ones, and likes them. also how hard to install.

I have a C6 Z06 shifter in my car and it works quite well. It is not a true short-throw shifter in that the pivot point is not raised. However, the handle above the pivot is shortened by about an inch or so.

shifters for c5

cruer82, thats fine to shorted stock, but you forgot to tell how to do this ????? billy

I have a C6 Z06 in my C5 and love it! GM took the best of the aftermarket qualities and put them in the C6 shifter.

:Steer

I have the original B&M Ripper that I really like. I guess B&M has changed the shifter and made it less notchy, but I think the Hurst, the B&M, the Kirban and the others are an improvement over the OEM shifter. It's not just the length of the lever - it's the rubbery feeling of the shifter. Cutting the shifter gives the illusion of making the shifter more precise, but in reality - you've only shortened the throw. The aftermarket shifters are far more precise, and really enhance the MN6 experience!

Just switched to the B&M Precision Sports shifter---short throw, crisp shifts and vibration as good as or better than stock. Well worth the change!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom