Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shiftless Automatic in a C4

I agree

The 84 X fire might not be the best as far as Hi-Po goes but It will be a good daily driver.

Mic the old rotors, let me know if you need the specs.

Mike

I'm wondering...

I've been following the miniram saga and I wonder if one of those would fit on my L83? Or if I'm gonna upgrade do I have to go with an xram?

I've located a complete crossfire and will be negotiating price.

For a reality check, does anyone know what this should cost?

Yes, I could use the specs for the rotors. I'll mic them as soon as the weather breaks.

Crazy weather here in North Carolina. Near 80 all week, this week we will be lucky to get out of the 40s.

I hate winter......

Ken

Roof Panel

Here is the addy for the roof panel place. Generations Roof Panels Call them and negotiate a price. I got a good deal without a trade-in for $650 for the blue roof and I really like the blue tint over the solid roof panel. Glad to hear about your find. I have no idea what it should cost.

We have had some crazy weather here too. nearly 70* the other day and today my fingers froze cause it was in the teens. I hate winter too.
--Drew:w

Mike,

Before I forget to mention it, my transmission guy verified what you said about transmission flushes.

He said never, ever do one unless it is your last resort.

He said the most transmissions with minor problems can be damaged further by flushes.

In my case, with burnt clutches and bands and stuck valves, nothing could have hurt it further. Except maybe a hammer.

Ken

Hammertime!

kmcewan said:
In my case, with burnt clutches and bands and stuck valves, nothing could have hurt it further. Except maybe a hammer.
Oh, I don't know...I keep a good 3lb. sledge handy for all types of those pesky little problems. Good for computers:D, and who knows, maybe you could have unstuck some of those stuck valves,:bang and as a locksmith I can't tell you how many locks, safes and doors I have opened with one well positioned strike with a BFH. The only thing better is my trusty can of lube. Ya know everything works better with a little more lube.:cool

Tools

All you really need are 3 tools.

If it moves and it shouldn't, Duct tape it
If it doesn't move and it should, WD40 it
Everything else, The Hammer !

:bang

DAD!

You sound like my Dad, only he did everything with 2 tools. A rounded flathead screwdriver and a pair of Vice-grips. To say he is mechanically challenged is an understatement. My Mom says I get all my skills from her side because my Dad couldn't fix a burned out lightbulb without an electrician.

Not really

I have a friend who actually fixes stuff like that.
After watching him, I bought stock in 3M (Duct tape).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom