Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shock absorbers

roger longman

Corvette
1977 c3 orange ! 1988 c4 kinda purple 1991 'race
Hi all, I need to put new shocks on my "88. I cant run to Bilsteins at the moment, so I'm considering KYB's, or are there better, in that price range ? Any suggestions would be much appreciated....Thanks.. Roger.

Why not contact Bilstein in Sand Diego and have your existing shocks rebuilt?

What Hib suggests is very affordable and a good way to get new shocks. If you want to spend the coin a set of Koni Sports maybe the last set of shocks you ever need. I got a set on sale for about $550 shipped to my door. If you have any interest in those let me know. I'll get you his contact info.

contact Bilstein in San Diego and have your existing shocks rebuilt?
I was very pleased with what they did for mine, even all these years later. I've posted many times that the revalving to 'Challenge' specs is exactly how I wanted my Z51 to ride.

What Hib suggests is very affordable and a good way to get new shocks. If you want to spend the coin a set of Koni Sports maybe the last set of shocks you ever need. I got a set on sale for about $550 shipped to my door. If you have any interest in those let me know. I'll get you his contact info.

Thanks Rubie, I'll certainly keep it in mind for the future.......Roger.

I was very pleased with what they did for mine, even all these years later. I've posted many times that the revalving to 'Challenge' specs is exactly how I wanted my Z51 to ride.

Thanks Mike, It's going on the back burner, for a while, as on impulse, I went and bought a '91 today and it needs some attention.....Roger.

I do have a pair of rear Bilsteins, with very few miles on them, keeping their original box warm. :w
RrBilsteins.jpg BilsteinLabel.jpg

$150?

Shocks

It would help to know the type of driving anticipated with the car. Mine is a cruiser and for that the shocks that were on it when I bought it work out fine but that may or may not work for you depending on driving conditions.

It would help to know the type of driving anticipated with the car. Mine is a cruiser and for that the shocks that were on it when I bought it work out fine but that may or may not work for you depending on driving conditions.

Spirited...I think I'm going to save up fot the Bilsteins, or similar. Thanks.....Roger.

I will say that after the road trip, first in ages, PHX to SoCal, I was delighted at the ride with the Bilsteins on my Z51 '84. The handling is a given as is the control.:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom