Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shock Reccomendations C2

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
I need new shocks on my 63. I've tried AC Delco's, KYB's (currently on and blown). I'd like something heavy duty/ high performance. The only other choices that I found were KYB Gas adjustable and Bilstein's. Any opinions and feedback would be appreciated. My rear spring is a 330# and the front coils are 500# (I think).

I know that Guldstrand enthusiasticly recommends Bilstiens. I have the "Sports" on mine, I think they may be a bit stiff for my uses. I would try the "Heavy Duties"

shock recommendations C2

I need new shocks on my 63. I've tried AC Delco's, KYB's (currently on and blown). I'd like something heavy duty/ high performance. The only other choices that I found were KYB Gas adjustable and Bilstein's. Any opinions and feedback would be appreciated. My rear spring is a 330# and the front coils are 500# (I think).

I run a #330 rear spring and #460's on the front of my 63 coupe. I have SPAX adjustables on all four corners. Have had them for over four years. Not a lot of miles on them but very satisfied. Took a couple of weeks to tune them to the suspension. Now no "bounce" on the composite rear spring and no significant dive on the front under even extreme braking.

I run a #330 rear spring and #460's on the front of my 63 coupe. I have SPAX adjustables on all four corners. Have had them for over four years. Not a lot of miles on them but very satisfied. Took a couple of weeks to tune them to the suspension. Now no "bounce" on the composite rear spring and no significant dive on the front under even extreme braking.

Thanks for the input.

On my 71 Cpe. w. 550 lb/in front springs and a 360 lb/in rear spring I run Bilsteins with "Sport" valving. Works well in the handing dept. but, as "00fxd" suggests, their valving is pretty aggressive. If ride is important and your not the type who aggressively attacks each set of twisties you find, the HD valving might be more to your liking.

For an all-around, affordable shock, I've always liked the gas adjust. I think it's about preference, and the Bilsteins are a little too aggressive for me on a street car. For a car that sees the track, the Bilsteins are a better choice. IMHO.

Last edited:
I agree. Just got my car back on the road. Am now running 500# front springs with a 330# in the rear. Spax adjustables on all 4 corners. Still playing with the adjustment, but I already like it much better than before.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom